lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #11
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rubber Trim

Thanks Dave!!

Have you used it before? Has anyone used it before for that matter? Looks like it will work!

Jon
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #12
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

The secret of getting the trim back on is to keep it in a bucket of very hot soapy water, start at one end and fix it on with a screw. To keep it in place pull it tight and snap it on, then get the last screw in quick. It is all very tedious but well worth the effort.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #13
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Dave,

So you have used this and it worked on your dash area like mine? Sorry, i just dont want to buy it if it does not fit!

Jon
Old 01-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #14
ezgochuck
Not Yet Wild

Got a friend who has several old school carts 90 and back he hooked me up with a good engine to rebuild . If your not in a big hurry for them I will get ahold of you when iam going that way iam sure he will have them all I need to do is take them off. May cost a few bucks then I can ups them to you . Just send me an email with what you need incoles some pics of where they go.
ezgochuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #15
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Chuck,

Thanks Brother!! The pieces that i need are in the pics on the first post of this thread! I REALLY appreciate your help! Let me know what he wants for them, if it is cheap enough, i will go that route, if not, i will just buy new!

Jon
Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #16
tdcanada
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey EZ Goin, the front spring in my 90 marathon boke in the exact same place and same angle. I plan on getting heavier springs soon, but I welded mine also just to get going again, it probably doesnt help, but I would make a pass, let it cool and then another pass, trying not to get it too hot and take out the temper, and for sure never cool it with water.
tdcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:33 AM   #17
Ghall
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you may look here $79 http://www.golfcartcare.com/Merchant...ry_Code=ezmold
Ghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #18
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The problem with welding spring-steel is not the matter of hurting the temper(its' rediculously hard before its' tempered),Its' a different grade of steel than normal hot/cold roll-steel.I work in a Spring-Shop,we manufacture 75% of our inventory from flat 24' lengths.We cut blanks,punch needed holes,run them thru a Forge at 1950deg.,Form the arch,Quench in oil,then reheat in an oven at 950deg.Then build to specs.Welding on them doesn't hold because the grain composition of the steel doesn't let the weld penetrate.I've seen many attempts and it always breaks perfectly clean right at the edge of the weld.If there is any interest,I can find out how much i can get springs made for.We built a set for my cart 2 years ago,but i bartered some parts 2 them for the springs.Let me know and i'll post pricing.We can build springs for almost anything.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #19
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Back to the trim, another important step is to inspect the heck out of the body and make sure the channels the trim fits on aren't flattened or dented (if you've been running without trim, you'll likely find that they are) ... Even a little bit of bend, denting, etc that looks like it shouldn't be bad enough to interfere with installing the trim probably will, def worth taking the time to make sure everything is straightened out before you try and install the trim.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #20
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Sorry that topic got off track.The rubber can be a treat to get back on.I tried to reuse some old stuff.WOW was that not-fun!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO