lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
makeitloudnfast
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool looking for rebuild kit

hey guys whats up!? i'm looking for a place to get a rebuild kit for my 1974 ezgo that i picked up no running a year back. i got it running by simply putting in a new fuel pump, but the cart still has one major issue, I HAVE NO POWER. going up the slightest grade is torcher because the cart slows to a crawl and i figure its time to give the old guy a rebuild. if anyone knows where i can find a kit for this guy the help would be greatly appreciated thanks!!
makeitloudnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
makeitloudnfast
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy Re: looking for rebuild kit

apperently a rebuild kit doesnt exsist... well this is depressing looks like im going to havto figure out how to put a different engine in the lil hotbox underneath my seat...
Old 04-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: looking for rebuild kit

Really and if you rebore the cylinder you may well blow out the bottom end and then you have just wasted your money. You would be better off looking out for a 2PG engine to replace it with. Also note that the 3PG engine will not work and unless you don't care about losing reverse, neither will a 4 cycle.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
makeitloudnfast
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

well the engine still has good compression so my thought process was new rings and just overall disassembley and cleaning would help the cart out. sorry but im not sure what a 2PG or 3PG engine is?? i have a 350 atv engine sitting around waiting for a project which has reverse but i also know it would take a loooooooooot of fabrication to get that motor in the cart.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

The 2PG engine is the replacement for your 1PG engine. It was introduced in 1980 and featured an electronic ignition. Unfortunately all of the parts are different to yours. The 3PG was introduced in 1988 along with a much improved differential which meant that the engine was rotated 90 degrees, this is the reason the 3PG won't work. If you could find a 2PG it would slot in and all the parts are still available. You would have to install an electronic ignition but that would not be an issue.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1974, ezgo, no power, rebuild
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO