lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #11
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: Micro Switches Keep Blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I may have read this wrong but the F/R has nothing to do with it charging. If it's kicking off after a few minutes it's a bad connection someplace between the charger and the cart.
You stated someone had messed with the wiring so I would double check every wire on it. They may have a battery in backwards also. Once you find a bunch of wires miss connected don't think they figured it out and fixed the rest!
He is correct U know ,
I'm still working on the first problem, which supposedly got fixed ,
I went back to read the post and see we have a no charge problem NOW.

Thanks Andy ( I could have kept working on the F/R for who knows ... )
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
Cart_man
Not Yet Wild

LOL
Yeah, she's all fixed up and running great. Previous owner monkey f'd the wiring. Cost me a handful of switches and aggravation but she's all set now :)
Cart_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart_man View Post
LOL
Yeah, she's all fixed up and running great. Previous owner monkey f'd the wiring. Cost me a handful of switches and aggravation but she's all set now :)
BUT the learning process was PRICELESS !
Old 04-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #14
Cart_man
Not Yet Wild

Yes it was! I'm very glad I went through it
Cart_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #15
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart_man View Post
Yes it was! I'm very glad I went through it
Well if U enjoy pain , hang out here and pay it forward
Old 11-14-2016, 11:19 AM   #16
Dalee
Not Yet Wild

Wire everything like the diagram and make sure the diode between the small post of solenoid is in the right direction. If it is backwards, it will blow micros.
It's my understanding that there is no "right" direction with these. So if what you suggest, what is the proper hook up direction? I have a cart that also is blowing both fwd and glide box switches
Dalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:30 PM   #17
bobsaladbar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalee View Post
Wire everything like the diagram and make sure the diode between the small post of solenoid is in the right direction. If it is backwards, it will blow micros.
It's my understanding that there is no "right" direction with these. So if what you suggest, what is the proper hook up direction? I have a cart that also is blowing both fwd and glide box switches
94 electric club car. Ran for 3 months this summer on new batteries. Boys took it out & stopped for a minute. Cart would not run again. Tested solenoid. Seemed fine. Found a spare nut in glide box, seemed like it shorted it out. Glide wire had some exposed wire due to the nut rubbing on it. Taped the glide wire & installed new microswitch. Put everything back & nothing happened. Found blown microswitch in Forward & glide box. Replaced them both. Blew them both when released gas pedal. Found some small exposed wires on the green/white & blue wires in glide box. Sure doesn't seem like they were hitting anything. But I will cover them up as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
bobsaladbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #18
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Put an in-line 10 amp fuse in the small green wire coming off the solenoid to protect the micro-switches. Verify the diode still has a bias.

to BGW

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #19
bobsaladbar
Not Yet Wild

Tested diode, multimeter had continuity both directions. Replaced diode. Also added 10 amp fuse in green line between solenoid & key switch. Replaced both blown multi-switches. Wrapped the exposed wires that are connected to the glide box. Hooked up batteries, turned key on, directional switch to reverse. Got the buzzer sound. Pressed gas pedal, nothing. Switched to forward, nothing. Turned key off. No blown fuse or blown micro-switches. I don't hear the solenoid click. My son thinks the motor is fried because it is hard to push the cart backwards. I am at wits end.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
bobsaladbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:04 AM   #20
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Even if the motor blew up, the solenoid should click. All the m/s's are 2 tab except for the one in the V-glide. It should be a 3 tab and should be connected at the common (C) and the normally closed (NC) tabs. It's easy to miss wire. I'd check it first.

The reverse buzzer is on a separate circuit and has no affect on the solenoid.

Also, in the future when you need help, start a new thread to avoid hijacking another member's thread.

Hope this helps.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car