lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
Wynelocked
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default My New Job....

Friend off mine,a car dealer,has a bunch of nice carts.Some are Club Cars.I'm helping him out with some things.Two are problem carts.

1.48volt electric....I'll list the issues.Maybe you CC gurus can help me out.

Problem...4x12volt batteries.Trogens.None read more than 6.5 volts.Charger does not come on.Cart shows no sign of life.

How do you read t6he battery pack voltage?Same as a 36V EZ Go?

Batterys are dry as a chip.Should I try electrolyte?Then a slow 12V charger per battery?

I'll take some pics today.
Wynelocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: My New Job....

if they are bone dry thats not good chances are they are done, voltage is to low for charger to come on.........if you want to tre add distilled water to them and charge one at a time with a 12 volt charger and see what happens.....if voltage comes up than charge with cart charger till full charge and than test with hydrometer and load test but being bone dry is a bad sign........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
Wynelocked
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
if they are bone dry thats not good chances are they are done, voltage is to low for charger to come on.........if you want to tre add distilled water to them and charge one at a time with a 12 volt charger and see what happens.....if voltage comes up than charge with cart charger till full charge and than test with hydrometer and load test but being bone dry is a bad sign........................
Thank bud...I'll try that and report back.

6 of the carts the chargers came on.Charge rate was pretty low until I filled with distilled water.None of those batteries had any water above the plates...barely any in them at all.Now those are charging at 20+.Next...I will check the battery pack for full pack voltage...Probably tomorrow.

It's a shame to let such pretty carts go to hell like that.Glad my friend rescued them.With you guys helping...I'm sure we can make these carts work.Every one of these carts have had complete new bodies installed.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Wynelocked
Gone Wild

Club Car

Note...

The 2 dead carts have batteries that show desulfusation.My 12V charger has a setting to fix that.I'm trying on one battery right now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car