lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

Default 1982 EzGo gas not shutting down properly

Hello,
I have been noticing the last couple of days when I come to a stop, I apply the brake, and the cart is still running with my foot off the gas. I put it in neutral and then kill it with the key. It then turns off. It also has been turning the starter over when I go to crank it before I even apply the gas. I just turn the key to "On" and then put the cart in forward and as soon as I put it in forward the cart is turning over with starter. I then put my foot on the gas and it starts, but it's weird that it's turning over as soon as I put it in drive. Could it be that the microswitch is stuck or something? Thanks for any help, Chad D
fingerpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1982 EzGo gas not shutting down properly

Sure sounds like the mirco switch stuck or not adjusted properly I would look at adjustment. Maybe something got bent or loose and it may need to be readjusted.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

soleniod is stuck.......try tapping it see if problem goes away if so 100% soleniod even if not it might just be to far gone to tap it....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

I messed with the microswitch some and tapped on the solenoid some. Sometimes it does seem shut down when foot is off gas. The solenoid is brand new and is the one for the cart. I guess I might have to send off for a microswitch soon. Every time I turn around it's a new little part lately lol.
fingerpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Maybe it's been awhile since I helped troubleshoot around here, but I thought 2PG's only had forward (engine spins normally) and reverse (engine spins backwards) - no neutral (at least that's the deal with every 2PG I've ever seen...)

But I agree totally with both posts, start with the switch though (I'd put her on blocks to be safe, pull the wires from the pedal switch and jump them with the key on - if you hear the solenoid "click" chances are it's working good and you'll have to take a look at realigning or replacing the switch)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

Good call brewcity
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Hi Dale and welcome back, it's been a while. That forward and reverse thing confused me as well because before the print wears off the plate under the switch actually says F-N-R. My argument is that neutral means engine running with no gear selected. As you correctly say there is no neutral on the PG engine so I suggest that N stands for nothing, because that is what you get with the lever in N.

I guess some confusion exists as the 4 stroke carts do have an N which disengages the rear drive.

Oh well onwards and upwards.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO