lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
womsterr
Not Yet Wild

Default How to tell year with missing plate?

I bought a cart about a year ago not knowing much about them. It was sold to me as a 2007 Gas EZGO TXT. I also paid for an aftermarket body. I know found out I got a stock green body in camo wrap.

I was going to order a new filter etc and went to go look at the plate (I didn't know to look last year) to verify the year. The plate is missing.

I would like to verify this guy sold me the year cart he said he did on the bill of sale.

Is there any other way to verify? I see two hole in the passenger glove box that looks like they were the ones that had the plate riveted in.

Any help? If if misled me about the year too its gonna cost him some money!
womsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: How to tell year with missing plate?

post some pics of the cart, if you want us to help you
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
rocko
Gone Wild

On my 2004 EZGO Workhorse I found the serial number stamped into the frame , look around
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by womsterr View Post
I bought a cart about a year ago not knowing much about them. It was sold to me as a 2007 Gas EZGO TXT. I also paid for an aftermarket body. I know found out I got a stock green body in camo wrap.

I was going to order a new filter etc and went to go look at the plate (I didn't know to look last year) to verify the year. The plate is missing.

I would like to verify this guy sold me the year cart he said he did on the bill of sale.

Is there any other way to verify? I see two hole in the passenger glove box that looks like they were the ones that had the plate riveted in.

Any help? If if misled me about the year too its gonna cost him some money!

If it is an 07 there will be no plate. Look under the access cover behind the seat and look for a white tag, also look under the driver side on the frame, there should be one there is well. If both positions do not have a tag I would be calling the person/company you purchased it from. The serial number and or year should of been on the receipt when you purchased it.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
womsterr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. The sticker was on the driver frame rail. I was able to look the number on a website and indeed it is a 2007 model. I'm still pissed about being told it was an aftermarket body but I don't think it is worth suing over. The cart shop has very questionable practices. I had to go over every nut and bolt when I got the thing as so much stuff was falling off from being finger tight.

I've got everything worked out and its been a great hunting buggy. I've got another maintenance issue I need to work out so I'll probably put up another post. When I get that issue worked out I'm in definate need of a HP upgrade!
womsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO