lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #11
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: finely a engine rebuild

Now that's an idea,,,, lol,, now a stupid question, can't find any where on the ring install but do the rings go in with the dot on the ring up or dawn.. thanks.
murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #12
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Ok forget the last stupid question,, lol,, I did some resurch and found which way they go on, and maybe it will be running today,, I have been working on it in between times I have to let drywall mud dry,,
Old 10-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #13
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Murf, don't get too excited. If the cart's been sitting for some time, you may end up needing to do crank seals!

BTW, when around the DW, just roll your eyes, sigh loudly, and say "Gah, I guess I HAVE to work on the cart again." Then roll your eyes again.

As soon as your wife thinks you're not enjoying it, she'll order you to go work on it.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:53 AM   #14
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Im not sure just how long it was sitting befor I got it my nephue's found it on a farm near their home, they said an older man had it and ran it around his farm but it was not in use cuz the wiring was messed up so they got it for nothing for me and the wife as a wedding gift, it took me a bit to resurch and got a wiring diagram and seen when he rewired it 3-4 wires were run wrong,
Im sure there will be more to fix on it but some time in the future I would like to put a 4 stroke on it but that will have to wait as I know that will cost me, along with the motor I know I will need another rear if I want reverse, but for now this will have to do,,lol,,
Old 10-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #15
bill shields
Not Yet Wild

if anyone needs to have their blocks bored for a rebuild let me know ....been doing this for 27 years....good luck bill
bill shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #16
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

It Lives,,,, just got back from a nice ride runs nice and now odd noises, now I will have something to run this winter well when we dont have two foot of snow that is,,..
Old 10-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #17
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

way to go murf! i guess you figured out the bevel on the rings go to the top. 40/1 for the first, and 128/1 there after for the fuel. be sure to ditch the oil pump also.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #18
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Yes Im running 40:1 in it right now and will go to the 128:1 after the first tank,, after I tore the engine down and realized it was in need of rebuild the next thing I did was scrapped the injection, that's just something I never did trust,, thanks everyone for the help in getting this far, next thing I would like to do is upgrade the body but as everything else it will come when I have the ext money, and that's hard to come by especially after getting hit by the last two storms, first one tree fell on our home and second we got flooded, its nice to finally have something go in the right direction for once,, lol,, again thanks to all..
Jay.. "Murf"
Old 10-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #19
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Murf, enjoy it while it runs. Likely there will still be a carb cleaning needed, including "deflaking" the carb bowl.

It took me three solid cleans to get the thing running proper. Ask poor BCM, he had to put marbles in his tank or some crap like that to clean it out.

And for customizing, a couple of rattle cans, some vinyl from a local Goodwill, some cheap speakers and a 2nd hand CD deck ($10) is plenty for you to have fun.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:09 AM   #20
murf
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Hi ScooterMcTavish, I am enjoying the little rides already going out to the post office to check mail, as for the carb I tore it down and cleaned it all out before the engine rebuild, the bowl was the worse part of the carb but got it cleaned out, the tank was clean, no oil, probably cuz the injection was still on it, but not now,
Now its just little things to look for, but will have fun with it in the meanwhile..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO