lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
gone2000
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rebuilt engine wont start

Ok i got the motor torn down and put back together. I used an orbital sander to resurface the head gasket surfaces. Put it together as the book says. also got new head bolts. broke two of the old ones. I know it says like 20 ft lbs but i went extra. got it back in and has good compression on both cylinders. Dont have a gauge now to check the amount but it blows my finger off.
Still wont start though. I got gas. Took plug out to check for spark and it only sparks for a few seconds then nothing. Bout to burn my ezgo to the ground!!!
gone2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
gone2000
Not Yet Wild

Bought new compression tester. needle bounced up to 90 on one and 70 on other.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #13
gone2000
Not Yet Wild

Adjusted valves to .006 and got the card to stop backfiring and the comp up to 120. think coil is bad cause it only sparks for a few seconds. hooked up a different coil and made a 2-1 plug wire and there is a nice blue spark but still no fire. hold hand over carb and gas pours out. but not even a put.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
gone2000
Not Yet Wild

Well I thought the backfire was gone. Blew a few good flames out the carb. Think the valves need laped?
Old 05-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #15
gone2000
Not Yet Wild

exhaust is sucking in and blowing out. Weak valve springs???? I can easily push them down with my thumb.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
gone2000
Not Yet Wild

Tore this thing back down last night. Found I installed the thrush washer on the wrong side of crank. Put it together and it ran great. Got up this morning and started it and the cam locked up on the gear side. took the cam out and cleaned the aluminum off it but back in and it worked smooth. Started up fine then started making a light clanging noise when u let off the gas and it would not rev up. Did compression test and one cylindar did not have any!!!! tore sideplate off and found that a rod broke. This was originally what happened to this motor. plus the cam seased up. I cranked it w the valve cover off and it shot oil out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO