lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Default 2 stroke help

I just got a 90 2 stroke cart the guy said it has a blown crank seal and it looks like it on the
Pulley side oil all over. My question is if the seal is blown will it still have good compression? I did a comp check and it was like 65 pds. I usually dont mess with 2 strokes thanks for any help!!
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 stroke help

65psi is bad, really REALLY bad, like "not running" bad (should be a minimum of 110, 130+ is what wold be considered excellent) ... Even if the crank seal WERE blown, that only affects the fuel/air draw in the crankcase, not compression at the plug - sounds like either a holed piston (my 1988 had one and still *barely* ran, read just over 68lbs even with the hole) or bad/no rings (either way You're looking at a top end rebuild)

The oil at the crank, that depends on how bad it is and if it's really coming from the crank (these 2-stroke exhaust pipes like to loosen up or the gaskets fail at the cylinder, which over short time will also leave an oily mess on the pulley side of the engine, as will a bad gasket at the intake, carb, etc (or even a leak at the banjo bolt for the oil injector, if so equipped)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO