lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
tradermark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile A fix for low power on 93 295 FINALLY!

I have a 93 GXI804. I rebuilt the engine about a year ago and all was well.
Once I started pimping this ride I started to notice a little loss of power here and there.

Well, after all sorts of mods from HEI ignition to shorter belt and "tweaking" clutch springs I was disgusted. I had other carts with two people passing me going up hills with just me on the cart.

So today I was DETERMINED to fix this thing or burn it.
After much looking, running the engine and watching the clutches I noticed that pressing the accelerator pedal didn't move the carburetor butyerfly shaft much at all. It took the engine a while to Rev up to top speed. I found that shortening the linkage that runs from the back of engine to the front by just a couple rounds that the butterfly shaft moved MUCH farther.

Now when I step on the gas I get a nice, quick response and plenty of power.

So with a freshly cleaned Carb, a new HEI ignition, tweaked clutch springs and a 1" shorter belt, I'm back to being the King Cart again. I can climb any hill I want to climb and still run down the road like a striped a$$ ape!!

My grandson said, after our last test ride of the evening, "PaPa you ROCK"
tradermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
jlhog
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A fix for low power on 93 295 FINALLY!

Well I am glad that fixed yours. I put a new carb on a while back and confirmed the butterfly opens fully when the pedal is on the floor. Im looking for a drive clutch for mine next to fix the power issues.
jlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
tradermark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I hope this might help some of you who've been searching for that elusive "power loss" fix.
May not work for every one, but that one little adjustment gave me the cart I've always known this one could be.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
tradermark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhog View Post
Well I am glad that fixed yours. I put a new carb on a while back and confirmed the butterfly opens fully when the pedal is on the floor. Im looking for a drive clutch for mine next to fix the power issues.
Dang hog. I was sure hoping this was your prob too. It was a difference like night and day with my cart.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
jlhog
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradermark View Post
Dang hog. I was sure hoping this was your prob too. It was a difference like night and day with my cart.
It would be nice if it was that easy, but that aint ever my luck
jlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
BIGDADDYJC1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Im gonna check mine I also have low power ,cart runs out top end but pull ain't what it needs I put a 28 deg cam and buttons on driven clutch made a difference also put New belt on but if I cross little ditch or sometimes on take off I can hear belt sliping I think its in drive clutch but gonna have to deal with it for now, im gonna attempt to take it apart and see if all is good.
BIGDADDYJC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO