lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 88 ezgo gas only runs with air box unhooked

well if its not one thing its another! Ive been messing with cart today, cleaned air filter i noticed the head pipe was a little loose, so i tightened it now the cart will only go with the airbox unhooked, what does this mean?? I only drove around the yard but the clutches seemed almost perfect, good acceleration plenty of power!!! when i hook up the airbox it starts but just moves at a crawl. really surprised at how much power it has with it unhooked. if i wave my hand in front of the airbox opening i can feel it pulling air, i also noticed my exhaust gasket is leaking, it seems to smoke alot more with the box off too!
Dmontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 ezgo gas only runs with air box unhooked

Sounds like the air-filter is clogged.Start with that.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO