lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default G14 / 16

Question, I cant shut the cart off now?? I didnt unplug anything, did a little tuneup now she runs great but wont shut off. Not even with the key. Any thoughts. I wont mind if it runs all the time if the key shuts it, at this point i dont care if the pedal or key shuts it.... heheh funny i wanted it to run constantly but didnt do anything and now it does and I dont want it to. thanks, waiting to hear.
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 / 16

It's that tune up. You got it running so good it won't quit.

May be your key switch but check the pedal switch to make sure it is not sticking. I hate electrical problems.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Hehe its the second time i heard that today.... "got it running so good it won't quit." Anyways I talked with a big daddy... (-: and what it was.... was since the G16 motor was put in the G14 there was differnt wiring etc etc and now that its running like a charm it keeps running before it konked out, but the 2 wires off the motor which stop the motor are supposed to go to a relay or contacks or something but on the G14 there was non so they just i guess didnt bother. What I did after suggested was run a set of wires and put a switch and just kill it that way. Now she idles just like i wanted, and the way the belt is (loose) it idles so low it really sweet. still plenty that could be tinkered with. So whoever suggested the 3/64 drill size on the main, since i went with the pod it worked perfect, also set the pilot at 1 1/2 out seems good right there. I am smiling... I like all Yami's
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Well good. And yep, you can't beat a good Yamaha. They are great carts. Much better than those Ez-slow or Club Clunkers.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha