lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

Default Lots of Questions G14

Bought a 1995/1996 Yamaha golf cart in the fall, going to be using it up at my campground to carry my cooler, got a good deal on it but it needs a little bit of work.

1. Turns over ok, but will not run without me pulling on the choke, I have a new fuel filter, and I will replace all the lines to the fuel pump and carb once it starts to warm up a little bit.

2. Used to run a Tillotson carb on my racing Go Cart, and a Briggs carb on another motor years ago, So I figure take the carb apart and give it a good cleaning, same thing with the fuel pump, new diaphram kits?? Might as well if im that far into it. Where is the best place to get them.

3. The passenger side seat back rest is missing, I am looking for a new used one, I will have all the seats re-covered so they all match so if someone has one with a tear in it I am interested in it....PM me.

4. I am looking for a lift kit and tires and rims, I would like a 6" lift, is anyone selling a used one, a buddy of mine can build just about anything, he really wants to try and fabricate a lift kit for this thing just for the challenge, I also would like rims and tires, Where is a decent place to just get a set of rims and tires?

5. Plan on buying the headlight kit for it so I dont crash into any trees late at night...Joke...and giving it a paint job.....Any information that could be shared would be great.....Thank You in advance fellas.
BIGBREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Lots of Questions G14

Clean the carb, check the plastic carb spacer for cracks and make sure the air filter box is sealed tight. Check out the site sponsors for parts and accessories.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
Clean the carb, check the plastic carb spacer for cracks and make sure the air filter box is sealed tight. Check out the site sponsors for parts and accessories.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
Dave you summed it up really well.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

what size tire can i fit on it with the 4 inch lift? and why is there such a difference in price between the 4" lift and the 6" lift, they must basically be the same thing.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

4" is a economy lift 20" tires
6" replaces old a arms 22" tires.
Check kingpins if the bushing holes are too worn cheaper to buy lifted a arms than stock ones.
Check this page fr a new sponsor building lifts.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...anga-lift.html
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

Tried getting it running the other day, would not run, put on a new fuel line and filter, still would not pull fuel through the line, getting pulse from motor, pulled off the fuel filter and it ran for a few seconds before sputtering out, So new fuel pump on order, cleaned the crap out of the carb, hope this fixes the problem.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

Problem solved.....that was the problem.....Now I can start buying the goodies I want, just wanted to make sure I could get it running first. When I take the body off to have it painted and lift it I am going to change the belts. Question......How tight do you make the starter belt?? The clutch belt has a ton of slack in it too so Ill replace that while im in there.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

the drive belt is supposed to be loose - so loose in fact that You can roll it off the clutches. It tightens up as your RPM's increase and your clutches go to work - just an FYI
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

yea but its so loose that its rubbing on the frame below, and the starte one is cracked, might as well replace them while the body is off just for general maintenance.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

there is a grease fitting on the front clutch, how much grease do you pump into this fitting?? taking the rear body off next weekend and i figure while im in there, ill power wash the rear section, need to clean off the clutches there covered in worn belt and gunk, replace the belts, add lift kit while the body is off, and send that out to be painted
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha