lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Default G1 clutch

I got my 81 g1 running great and im haveing a problem with the clutch jurking, i did grease a while ago, should i take it apart and clean it real good, and put some fresh grease? The belt is new on it, thanks
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 clutch

What do you mean its jerking? Describe what is happening...
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
makobuggie
Gone Wild

When u give it gas it jerks at low rpms, and its sueaking, when its going fast its ok, its never been this jerky, thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Don't use grease on the clutch. Use dry lube. Grease will hang on to all the dirt that gets in the clutch. Are you sure the clutch sheaves and belt are clean and don't have any grease on them?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
makobuggie
Gone Wild

I was just going to grease the shaft a little on both clutchs,whats a good dry lube? Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Liquid wrench makes a good dry lube. There is also a good dry lube at walmart in the RV section.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yeah, I'd be taking it apart and inspecting it really good. Check for dry spots on the shaft of the primary clutch. Also, if the ramps on the secondary are worn it won't engage properly or shift out smoothly. It sounds like something is binding when it's trying to shift out. Don't go crazy with the lube. Make sure everything is squeeky clean, then use the lube on all metal to metal moving parts only, just a little. You may have a dry bearing in the primary, so you might want to take the primary off the crank and inspect that too.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha