lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #31
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new g16 owner build thread.......

Are those the 10w Cree LED's? I have a 180w (3wX60pcs) light bar on my G16 and it's CRAZY bright, but I'm liking how much smaller the CREE bars are and I was thinking about using a pair of them on my next build - I do a lot of riding at night on heavily wooded trails and I feel SO much safer with the LED's than I did with my old 4X55w Halogen setup
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #32
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

OH - BTW, the rattle, double check as it may be coming from your Primary clutch. My G16 had an annoying "ting" or "Rattle" until I had Don Plowman rebuild the clutches, he crimped the cover on my primary and the noise was *poof* gone.

Speaking of Plowmans Carts, if You like 30mph, spend the $400 to have him polish your carb and send you his "Hot Setup" package (carb polish and jetting, new airbox mods, hi-flow air filter, custom exhaust, new machined Clutch Sheaves, and performance spring) - My G16 hits 35 on the GPS now with 2 people (37 with me alone) and it gets there a LOT faster, plus it pulls on the hills like no golf cart I've ever driven (and that's a few, LOL) ... He has a full range of springs available too, depending on the performance characteristics You are looking for, just tell him how Your cart is set up and he will make sure You get the appropriate spring - DEFINITELY a great investment. Also, pull the cover on your primary clutch (you can do it right in the cart) and inspect the rollers, chances are if it's seen heavy use over the years, etc they may have flat spots - if so, send him the clutch and for $75 he will remachine and rebuild it, as well as crimping the cover to keep that annoting ping from returning.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #33
boosterror
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok cool I've noticed that if I start on an incline that it will shutter as well. Ill give him a call im waiting for the new clone engine from geoff to come out but I would like to build my clutch while im waiting.
boosterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #34
boosterror
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

And yes they are the cree led lights, im thinking of getting 4 more small ones and making a roof mounted light bar.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #35
boosterror
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Just ordered a new oem clutch and preformance kit from plowman.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha