lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 no spark PLEASE help NEW HERE

Ok, so last week I purchased a later model g1, I know this bc it has the relay on the back of the passanger wheel hub. The solenoids have wires on front and back. Here is the problem, I have power running from my ignition switch, start stop switch ect, and through the solenoids. Starter turners over when jumped with a starter switch, but I still (with the throttle pushed in) and ignition turned to forward or reverse have no spark. I am getting power to my ignition coil but no spark at all when taken out or put in. I checked the cdi and all the components, with a test power wire (the one you connect to battery and get a light to glow) and had power on all the wires from ignition and cdi, ect.... The only one was the relay switch at the back, I would get a light on the top two and NOTHING at all on the bottom two holes coming off of the connector. Could this be the problem or what???? I WANT THIS CART RUNNING!!!! I also for 50 got a spare g1 in someones yard for 50 bucks to get parts off of! I got the body motor, everything!!!! When we jump the starter with the jumper cables and spark plug in the starter has a hard time spinning bc of compression, but when the spark plug is taken out she spins like no other and the engine sounds great, just we cannot get a spark, we have check all fuses also, (2). PLEASEEEE someone get back to me asap! I am off work today and hoping to get this bad boy running!!!!!
g1uncman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 no spark PLEASE help NEW HERE

Please help me give me some ideas!!!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Is no one going to help me here? I have no one to help me
Old 06-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
rjeezy3209
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I had a similar prob on my g2 I traced every single little wire and found multiple breaks and poor connections replaced all of that and I had spark back Yamaha are very picky on wiring connnections hope this helps
rjeezy3209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

You said you had 12 volts going into the coil (orange wire) when cranking the engine over, do you have consatnt 12 volts (negative) at the coil also? If you think it is the relay, just cut the 2 white wires and but connect them togeather. Might check the 4 wire leads coming out of the engine that snap connect into the wire harness, they can get corroded or break off.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ignition, no spark, relay, spark plug
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha