lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 4awg wires now its slower

You've not mentioned what type drive system your cart has, so here are both series and DCS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series.JPG (55.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - DCS.JPG (111.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #22
agrinnell2009
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

When I got the cart it had 6
6 v batteries and ran very slow uphills the batteries were from 02 so we figures let's try the marines I have and see if it helps of so then we know its the batteries. It ran exactly the same. So I started the wire conversion some cables were getting hott before but I didnt notice much because I didn't check all the time. After I completed the entire 4 awg conversion it sort of felt like a little less torque and took longer to get to top speed (which is slow as well maybe 7 ish mph) so I began checking wires for heat every time I drove and it seems as if 3 of the wires coming from the xontroler are getting hotand 2 coming from the fnr switch are getting hott and all from the solenoid. I know its on the motor because the motor was just ice cold when I checked. I wired it the same way it was but I'm not sure if the last guy had everything right. Sorry for the long post I appreciate all the help
agrinnell2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #23
agrinnell2009
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

O it is series
Old 07-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #24
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well part of your problem is you put marine batteries instead of GOLF CART batteries, there is a difference.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #25
agrinnell2009
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I know there is a difference in marine and golf cart batteries but on a stock system it should effect performance. I know its not I deal they don't last as long and they die faster nut it wouldn't effect speed or acceleration or slowness up hills.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrinnell2009 View Post
I know there is a difference in marine and golf cart batteries but on a stock system it should effect performance. I know its not I deal they don't last as long and they die faster nut it wouldn't effect speed or acceleration or slowness up hills.
It depends on whether they can supply the amps needed for the acceleration, or speed, of hill climbing.

12V marine batteries come in various sizes.
What is the Amp-Hour rating if the batteries you are using?

The batteries may or may not be a problem other than the limitations you mentioned, but they may be a contributing factor to the symptoms of the cart's other problem(s).

------------
From what if read in this thread, it sounds like your cart isn't wired correctly.

The 4Ga cables should not be getting hot, if the motor is staying cold.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #27
DaveTM
Gone Wild

agrinnell2009, I feel your pain. Honest. I'm sure the rest of the posters feel your pain and frustration. But they are just trying to help. When I was deep in the outhouse on a cold winter night, it took 'em about 6 or 7 post but they figured it out for me.

Now, let me ask a question that one of these guys ask me.....but they didn't ask you yet. Have you checked your wires that run from your F\R switch to your motor? Especially where they "corner" or wrap around the battery frame holder. My old wires had actually cut thru the battery frame here and then I had a slooooow short out of the motor wires.

So, double check those wires. And when I say that....don't just peak at 'em with a flashlight. Grab 'em with your hand and feel 'em to see if you have a cut in the wire and if any wire is out where you can feel it.

Worth a ten minuet look.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #28
agrinnell2009
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes I have double checked the wires I think they are right about it not being wired correctly I just need to check to make sure everything is in the right spot. Should the motor and fnr switch be labled like the speed controler is. And if it isn't wired right would it still function they way it is by running and working fine just slow and hott?
Old 07-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #29
agrinnell2009
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just checked all the wireing and as far as I can see its all wired correctly
Old 07-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #30
DaveTM
Gone Wild

To answer your question......your wiring could be incorrect, yet the cart will go forward when the switch is put in F, and the cart could go in reverse when the switch is put into R.

But, the wiring could still be incorrect.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO