lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Newbie22
Not Yet Wild

Default 91 ez go won't go

Hey guy's Im new here and to carts so bear with me. I tried reading up on other problems before I Posted this but could not find exactly what I was looking for.
My dad recently bought a 91 ez go for the trailer. it came with no batterys but was told it ran, so we got new batteries and nothing, new solenoid and micro switch from the pedal and nothing. Found that I only had 19v going to the Solenoid and that the power wire from the key was on the wrong terminal so I switched it got my 36+ volts to the Solenoid stepped on the pedal and it went a foot and now nothing....... Im confused. any help would be great, thanks. Oh , all connections appear tight.
Newbie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91 ez go won't go

91 was the change year, do you have a controller cart or resistor coil drive system?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

ScottyB is the man to get you going, but one more question....Is the solenoid clicking when you push the pedal?
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
Newbie22
Not Yet Wild

Yeah solenoid clicks and after a bit more trouble shooting this am I see that I have voltage going to and coming out of the motor, about 7 v before pressing pedal and up to 39/40 when depressed. Still nothing, could it be my motor maybe?
Old 07-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
Newbie22
Not Yet Wild

And yeah it has a controller, so I was thinking either controller or motor?
Old 07-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Connect your DVM between the B- and M- terminals on the controller.
Jack the cart up and place rear axle on jack stands so half ton cart doesn't take off unexpectedly and run over someone or something.
Press pedal until solenoid first clicks.
You should read FULL battery pack voltage. (A fully charge 36V battery pack should read 38.2V)

If you don't read FULL battery pack voltage, use the attached schematic with the high current circuit highlighted, to find where it is being lost at.

------------
Let us know what you find and we'll proceed from there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pot Box cart with high current circuit traced.JPG (124.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
Newbie22
Not Yet Wild

Will do, gone for the day now but will check it out tomorrow and let u know.
Thanks
Old 07-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
Newbie22
Not Yet Wild

Johnny B , I do get full voltage between M- and B- when pedal depressed.
Any idea's?
Old 07-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
Newbie22
Not Yet Wild

Also noticed that the wire on the pos side of resistor between the pos/neg on the solenoid gets really hot when key is on and cart is in gear. Does this mean anything?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO