lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #11
d-angelo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: turn key, 09 RXV jumps a little and then beeping alarm sounds

my cart has NO brakes. it rolls freely. Mine is NOT locked up. I have the opposite problem as others.
d-angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #12
d-angelo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ok. like I said, my car had NO brakes. no e-brake, no stopping with the pedal. I called my tech guy at local dealer. He said they thought it was motor brake frozen in open position, although they never heard of that happening... I just so happened to have a spare motor brake. I swapped it out and it is FIXED!! I knew 1/2 way through it was going to work. once I took out the 3 screws, it loosed up and device and already had grabbed the motor again and stopped rolling. But I didn't want to just tighten it up again cause it could happen again, so I swapped it and the new one works great. I took it for a test drive last night and all is well. So for either locked up brakes or NO brakes, the motor brake is the culprit.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
d-angelo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I guess the beeping alarm was just the computer notifying me that there was a failure. Since it knew there was a brake failure, it wouldn't accept any input from either pedal. As soon as I swapped the motor brake and turned it on, the normal reverse sound started. So all is good for now. I put in another 1st generation motor brake because that is what I had laying around. When it fails, I'll upgrade it to the 2nd generation unit. My dealer said it is $260. They said it has extremely high fail rate for the 1st generation units.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
d-angelo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I"ll bet the initial jump that it was doing was testing the brake. Since it wasn't working, it sounded the alarm and wouldn't do anything. Normally, it starts and I hear all the solenoids grabbing and then does the reverse sound. That initial lurch was the cart testing the brakes and realizing they have failed.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

From Shopezgo.com they have two motor brakes listed, one for the 2Five and one for the RXV, $200 and $225. I thought they used the same drive motor so not sure why the cheaper would not work..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO