lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
parkjssk
Not Yet Wild

Default 1st time RXV owner looking for advice

I just bought a 08 ezgo rxv. I primarely plan on using it for hunting but also will be used at the campground. I want to put on a 4" lift kit with 22" tires and 10" wheels. So my question is how would this setup work for what i want to do? Looking to hear some recommendations from all you experts.
parkjssk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2013, 05:15 AM   #2
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1st time RXV owner looking for advice

I have the 6" lift with 14" tires. I use mine all over town so got nicer rims. but don't think my cart has not hauled a few deer out off the woods. I take mine hunting all the time from September thru January and love it. Also I run 23" tires.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

It would work just fine. I too have a 6" lift, thats jsut because it was already on my cart when I got it, and 23" tires on 10" wheels.....I do a little off-roading to get to sime of my fishing spots.....

oh and btw.....CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
parkjssk
Not Yet Wild

Would it be better to go with a 6" lift kit instead? Just worried about being to top heavy and tipping over. But I do want the ground clearense.
parkjssk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #5
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have had mine on a pretty good side hill and nothing. I grew up in the mountains so I have done a lot of steep hills in my life. My wife was yelling and hitting, bumping me with fist, scared I was going to tip our cart. I know a 4" is less risk of tipping but by how much less over the 6"? Just guessing not a big difference as far as tip ability between the two heights, besides you sad you wanted the height! Just don't be dumb and turn a cart fast at high speed and you will be fine. Except I have thought a sway bar would be nice from time to time on my cart when driving in town.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Just thinkin' out loud, before the coffee kicks in.

I don't have a lift or larger tires, but when considering "tipability", it's really how far above the ground you move the center of gravity that's most important, I would think. A high lift with not so big tires "may" be safer than a lesser lift with larger tires IF the center of gravity is higher on the second.

OK, it's probably not that easy to calculate, given that heavy wheels have mass, and that lowers the center of gravity, but I'll bet the bulk of the mass is in your batteries, and passengers.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The 4 inch and 6 inch will both have the rear axle at the same height so there is your ground clearance. If the tires will clear with a 4 inch I would go that route unless you enjoy jumping up into the cart.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO