lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #11
patgrim00
Gone Wild

Nice I would love to be able to see close to 30 it would do 23 to 24 (GPS) before but is there a way to kind of make it where I have a "wife" mode?
patgrim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDs help

Yes and No. You have to re-program it to limit top speed and/or max torque.

The was a guy that was going to put together a small touchscreen that would change some settings and you could have set up different parameters for the wife and for the kids and for yourself at the touch of a few buttons, but he was working with the AXE (series) controllers rather than the DCX (sepex) controllers. And he hasn't been around lately that I know of, so I don't know the status of the project.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #13
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Theoretically, with 23" tires, you should get 30.8MPH, but even with a new set of batteries, you probably won't reach that speed.
A tip for the OP. If he wants 30 mph with 23" tires using the DCX500PDS then it can be obtained easily by adding 2 additional batteries, jumping from 36v to 48v. I had that exact setup on my silver PDS I sold recently. It maxed at 31mph on level ground. The new owner was much lighter then me and saw 34 mph briefly.

To run 48v he will need a new charger and 2 additional 6v batteries or swap batteries for 8v. The cost of the charger can be offset by selling old charger on craigslist.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:27 AM   #14
patgrim00
Gone Wild

How big of a deal is it to reprogram this thing to say just back down the top end speed so the wifey and kids can ride around I mean this thing isn't going to pull wheelies and do burnouts with it set up for running 36v. Is it?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You have to connect a computer to the controller, open the programming software, make the changes, save the changes, disconnect computer.
That's no big deal to so some people and a significant challenge to others, but in any case, it probably isn't something you'd want to do every time someone else drove the cart.

You probably won't be doing wheelies at 36V, but with the Throttle Up Ramp set to a minimal delay, it will spin stock height tires.
You loose about 22% of the available torque with 23" tires, so they are less likely to spin.

Having the ability to go from mild to wild is one of the beauties of a user programmable controller.
However, changing from mild to wild cannot be done without connecting the controller to a computer.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #16
patgrim00
Gone Wild

Ok I guess I'll have to see how difficult it is for me to reprogram this thing I wish there was a way to do it from a mobile devise like iPhone as I now have an extra iPhone 4
Old 07-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you decide to do this regularly, you could add a convenient USB jack, maybe on the dash, that is permanently attached to your controller. Then it would be easier to connect a laptop, and you could reassign an older machine to permanent garage duty. I believe you can save settings, so you could have two sets of settings saved, and simply change them.

I don't know about PDSs, but with a Series buggy, power to the controller has to be on, so a quick fix would be to add a toggle switch next to your USB jack, to provide power to the controller, call it "program mode". In my case, I'd simply add it in parallel to the pedal micro switch. You'd probably want to make it a key switch, to keep it from inadvertently being switched on.

If it ain't broke, it just don't have enough features yet.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #18
patgrim00
Gone Wild

That's a pretty good idea there might have to try that
Old 07-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
...............I don't know about PDSs, but with a Series buggy, power to the controller has to be on, so a quick fix would be to add a toggle switch next to your USB jack, to provide power to the controller, call it "program mode". In my case, I'd simply add it in parallel to the pedal micro switch. You'd probably want to make it a key switch, to keep it from inadvertently being switched on..............
Adding a switch in parallel to the pedal switch is not needed for a DCX in a PDS cart.
It powers up when the key is ON and F or R is selected.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #20
patgrim00
Gone Wild

Even better
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO