lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
abbfan
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 EZGO TXT solenoid chatters and will not turn over

Need help before I push this thing into our lake.......

Battery on a Fluke meter shows 12.75 volts

Cart would click every now and then. Checked generator and changed brushes. Still no go. If wires hooked up to generator nothing. Take F2 and A2 of use boost box it would turn. Had a new generator, put it on and solenoid chatters. Use boost box and it will start but only putting out 6.2 volts running on its on. Boost box on and volt meter goes to 14.4 volts.

Also changed solenoid and voltage regulator. Checked all frame grounds, even dremeled with sanding wheel to bare metal on frame.

While running on its own if you check from ground to a and then b side of solenoid you only have 6.2 volts. Check on generator from A1-A2 only 6.2 volts.

This thing is driving me crazy. Cannot figure out what is going on....any help would be appreciated.

Ask all the questions you need to and if I didn't check something I will. Going to feel foolish when problem is solved because it has to be something small.

Also.....battery was check at 4 different places and all checked good. Even had new battery fully charged and the same thing happens with it in there.

Thanks and going out of my mind,
Tony
abbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 EZGO TXT solenoid chatters and will not turn over

Need to load test the battery to make sure it's not a dead cell or something. Even though it reads good at rest, try to get a reading under load. Should be 11 something volts while cranking.
Even a car battery hooked up with jumper cables will suffice to test the cart. Unhook current batt and just run off a car or something to check again.
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
abbfan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 EZGO TXT solenoid chatters and will not turn over

I will try that.....thanks for the advice
abbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO