lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT Winter Enclosure Reviews

I was searching for winter enclosures but did not see anything that was recent. Any recommendations for winter enclosures?

I live in Arizona but in the evenings when we drive to happy hour or dinner after outings we end up driving home at night. The temperature drops quickly at night in the desert and was looking for the types where the sides roll up so it is there when you need it.

I am looking for personal experiences with these type of enclosures.
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT Winter Enclosure Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
I was searching for winter enclosures but did not see anything that was recent. Any recommendations for winter enclosures?

I live in Arizona but in the evenings when we drive to happy hour or dinner after outings we end up driving home at night. The temperature drops quickly at night in the desert and was looking for the types where the sides roll up so it is there when you need it.

I am looking for personal experiences with these type of enclosures.
ha, try living in MN you'll find out what cold is, right now its about 20 degrees, after dark brrr, and this is just fall
dont have any feedback for you on enclosures, but I 'm going to be sewing a custom one up for my cart soon
mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah my wife is from MN and we had to go for her grandfather's funeral about 2 or 3 years ago during Christmas. I was in my monkey suit and carried flowers for her grandmother and was holding them in my lap in the back of a mini-van ride to her house. Hit a bump going around a corner and the water dumped out into my lap. I forget how many desgrees below zero it was (-23 or something) but just from getting out of the van and into the house I had a very blue set of balls...

Ok, back to the enclosure...

I have seen many that look like a piece of plastic thrown over the entire cart and some that look nice and are functional, roll up the sides when not in use and look good.

I have been searching on the net but can not find exactly what I am looking for. Perhaps "enclosure" is not the key word I should be using.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Enclosure is the correct word. I have one that fits over the roof (long roof in this case) and it works fine. Sides and back roll up if desired. Zipper on the sides for entry. It has been durable but not used except in the winter. I like it because it can easily be removed completely from the cart when not needed.
Another way to go is tracks installed on the inside of the roof to which side curtains are installed. These roll up also but the whole affair is semi-permanent. These usually use sunbrella or similar material so can be color coordinated with the cart. There are also some hybrids which allow you to change the color periodically.

A simple google search will yield a ton of results. Include words like sunbrella, chameleon and red dot.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks kernel, will check it out!!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike777 View Post
ha, try living in MN you'll find out what cold is, right now its about 20 degrees, after dark brrr, and this is just fall
dont have any feedback for you on enclosures, but I 'm going to be sewing a custom one up for my cart soon
LOL, I am in Atlanta. We don't even need coats until November LOL.......
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

In shorts and short sleeve shirt today, but we occasionally have cold snaps, where at least a windshield is nice, especially over 35 mph.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

We pay for it during the summer, tho, right?
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

But in tough times, you can just drive around with your mouth open. Insects are high in protein.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #10
TreeBass
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

$100

Picked it up two years ago I guess, works great, put it on in Oct/Nov and take it off in March. The kids love it for running around the lease.

I'm thinking of using the screw in snaps instead of the straps, to get a snugger fit, but not sure I want to drill holes in my body
TreeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO