lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
Jacked Frost
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2005 G22 - 23" ok to install and light kit suggestions

This is my first post,I'm Canadian and Hello all. I just bought a 2005 G22,The cart is near mint as up here we can only golf for about 4 -5 months so the cart is near mint as far as i can tell.

I plan to lift this cart with Jakes 6" but, i notices a set of new 23" tires sitting covered in dust with nice rims at the store. I want to offer a deal but I have heard that 23" can rub and I do plan on putting in a rear seat and did not plan to add any heavy springs or anything will they be o.k? or rub. They have pretty agressive looking treads as well. I have pretty steep hill I need to go up from the water will lift and large tires effect my climb abiltiy ? I would say its a 45 degree climb - not sre if a cart will even go up it but I can take another route if I have too:

Also, I need to install a light kit so I can insure as off road vehicle which is the only requirement in my province. I am looking for a LED front and back or a tear drop style not just the square box light I see every where for 130 bucks. Any help would be great -
Jacked Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #2
Aftermath01
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2005 G22 - 23" ok to install and light kit suggestions

I am in the process of building my 05 G22 now. When I was looking for tire I asked the same questions. I plan on installing a rear seat someday. The feedback I received was to stick to the 22's. From what I am told you will rub with the weak springs on the rear. I went ahead and installed the HD springs right away.

As for the lights, make sure to check out the sponsors page. They should have something for you!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

D.
Aftermath01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:01 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: 2005 G22 - 23" ok to install and light kit suggestions

The only "teardrop" lights that will fit are the OEM Yamaha lights. #GCA-JU015-00. The ones for the Drive will not fit properly.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23" tires, light kit, new guy
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha