lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charging issues

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but 75% SoC is the max discharge limit while breaking in, just like 50% SoC is the max discharge limit after they are broken in. You don't have to take them down that far before recharge.

Basically, the DPI ought to be connected when cart is not being driven.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2014, 07:39 AM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Got it. Once it got turned loose from the charger my mother and sister took off on it.

As they were coming back I didn't get a chance to check voltage as we had a huge thunderstorm coming at us so I just hooked the charger up and headed for the house. We had reports of golf ball size hail and I figured being outside was a bad idea...

Plan on calling the battery store shortly to see if they are open today and if so will pay them a visit.

And sir you are not preaching, I value your wealth of knowledge.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just an update.. Talked with my battery dealer and he tells me use mode 2 so 2.35 per cell charge. Did that and let cart sit by itself with no one to unplug it and it completed a charge or at least had the green charge light lit. Transformer was still humming so took a voltage reading. 39.9 volts. Unplugged it last night and left it. Went by today and 38.8 volts. Set it at mode 3, 2.4 volts per cell and plugged it in. After about 10 minutes it said charged but let it keep charging. Will check on it again tomorrow.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO