lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #11
jfarrior
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo TXT runs better without resistor

image.jpg
jfarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Try unplugging, cleaning, and replugging the 4 wire Molex plug from the throttle box. It looks like it's behind your solenoid in the pic.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #13
jfarrior
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have unplugged, cleaned, and replugged the 4 wire Molex plug several times throughout this process, but only because when I researched this problems I saw where you suggested it before. Thank you for the suggestion, I really do appreciate it.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Sorry. I forget who I've answered before. When it stops running, try doing nothing more than carefully stepping off cart, carefully lifting seat, and mess with this plug. That's how I found mine was bad. It's hard to limit any "messing" to one area, as wiggling one part may wiggle another. What was frustrating with mine was it would never die while driving. It seemed like it always died while parked for a while. I always try and figure what got jostled when it failed. This problem seems to be random. Squirrels or rats?
Old 07-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #15
jfarrior
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

yurtle- I think i saw the suggestion on another thread, not on this one. I just wanted to let you know I saw another post of yours and tried your trick. Crazy part is, I have the same problem with my cart. Mine never dies when it is running and it typically happens when It has been sitting parked for a while. I will try wiggling the plug again next time it is having these issues. Once again, thank you.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #16
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfarrior View Post
Around 10pm I walked out to feed the dogs and pushed in the peddle to see what would happen and everything was good. It's driving me nuts!!!!!
the dog is messing with you .. feed him more often

following
Old 07-24-2014, 10:31 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
yurtle- I think i saw the suggestion on another thread, not on this one. I just wanted to let you know I saw another post of yours and tried your trick. Crazy part is, I have the same problem with my cart. Mine never dies when it is running and it typically happens when It has been sitting parked for a while. I will try wiggling the plug again next time it is having these issues. Once again, thank you.
Sometimes, the wires and pins get loose inside the connector, and you can press the wires toward each other, two at a time, if that makes sense.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #18
jfarrior
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Check out my other threat " Solenoid clicks but cart will not move (sometimes)". You can see everything I am doing.

Also, I just interrogated the dog and he swears it is not him. I checked his alibi and confirmed he was next door harassing the neighbors cat all morning so he is not sabotaging me.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:00 PM   #19
crash test dummy

Quote:
Check out my other threat " Solenoid clicks but cart will not move (sometimes)". You can see everything I am doing.

Also, I just interrogated the dog and he swears it is not him. I checked his alibi and confirmed he was next door harassing the neighbors cat all morning so he is not sabotaging me.
ohhhkay ... it's the cat !!

electrical ghosts are the hardest to track down ... if this was a club car i'd look at MOCR ... keep at it
Old 07-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #20
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I'm the only person that has had this happen, but I had the same symptoms when I upgraded controller & voltage. Solenoid would click, but "no go". I pulled my hair out for several days of troubleshooting. Finally accidentally figured out that I had bad connection on some pins in the 10-pin connector at controller. The female pins in the connector were sprung open & didn't make a good connection on the male pins on controller. Something else you can check.....
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, resistor, soleniod, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO