lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2014, 01:11 AM   #1
drycreekhick
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo 2003 txt series microswitch wiring

I have a 2003 txt series ezgo. A friend tried to repair cart while I was at work. He installed new microswitches and forgot how the wires were connected. Looking at the diagrams I dont know which switch is which to reattach wiring. All wires were cut and ends discarded. This cart has never been modified so wiring colors are the same. I was hoping someone could post a couple of pics from top down looking at direction controller. The main wire I am having problems with is the light green wire coming from pedal what does it attach to? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
drycreekhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2014, 01:43 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo 2003 txt series microswitch wiring

This is the diagram I rely on the most. It's for an upgraded controller, but it's the same as my old controller, as far as small wires and large cables. The exceptions are the diode and fuse, that are denoted by "* Add This Diode" and * Add This Fuse". For some reason, Alltrax saved the file sideways. Either print it out, or go to View, Rotate View, Counterclockwise.

Green and Red are the MS, and White and Black are the ITS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc100-043-B_DWG-AXE-EZGO-Wire-Dia.pdf (174.3 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:50 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Since you also mentioned the direction controller - which we call the FNR, for Forward, Neutral, and Reverse - the easiest way to determine which is which is by using a handheld digital multimeter (DMM) or by observing how they move when moving from F to N to R. MS3 will close in F or R, but open in N. MS4 will close only in R. MS3 is essentially a kill switch when you're in N, while MS4 tells the controller you're in R, so the controller can output 1/2 power, and it also sounds the reverse beeper.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
rangemaster634
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Not sure if this is the right place cause im new here but, I went to replace the f and r switch on my ezgo txt and found one of the cables that run from that to the motor had gotten hot and broken off at the switch. Are these cables specific or can I use a 6 gauge wire and make them myself? Silly question I know but im new to carts
rangemaster634 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microswitches, wiring pics
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO