lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #11
Hunting Cart Rookie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Good Buy? EZ Go ST Sport 2 2008

Can I put 22s on the rear end without a lift?
Hunting Cart Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2014, 09:12 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You going for that 70s muscle car look? They might fit but I personally wouldn't do it just because I wouldn't like the look.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #13
Hunting Cart Rookie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I gotcha. What about governor adjustments. Will that throw the motor off?
Old 09-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Ok, we are going to limit you to 2 questions a hour.

As long as you don't go crazy with the adjustment, it should be fine. There are 100 ways to adjust that governor and 1 way can be found in the EZ-Go Gas Tech under maintenance I believe. A simple easy way is to take a piece of 1/4 inch fuel hose about a 1/2 inch long, slit it lengthwise and put it between the spring washer and the nut with a zip tie around that. Same thing as tightening the nut but quickly removable if some one else needs to use it.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I would do the Governor thing before I got too crazy with lifting it higher, the difference in top speed between 20's and 22's is going to work out to about 2.1mph (when You hear about the speed increase when lifting, bigger tires, etc generally that's based on going from stock 16's to 22's or 23's - a HUGE difference as versus your case) ...

KG's fuel line trick works well - I have also used nylon spacers from the hardware store, I install 3 of them to tighten the spring up REALLY good - the difference being to remove 1 (or 2 or all for that matter, I call it "Stage 1, 2, and 3", LOL) requires spinning the nut off as versus just cutting a zip tie - either works, I would start where KG said with 1/2" or so and if that's not enough for You, replace it with 3/8" long, etc until You get where You like it. As You adjust/space it, you may end up getting a little bit o jerky takeoff, if so let us know and we can help You solve that (another easy adjustment) ...

That should have a 350 in it, so provided everything is playing well together, on 20's You should have no problem getting about 20-21mph out of it (which You will quickly find out is pretty DARN fast for a golf cart, even though the number doesn't seem that impressive). As to torque, look at the inside (towards the trans) of your rear clutch until you find either a "28" or "36" stamped on it - that'll tell You which clutch You have. If it's 28 then You already have the highest torque model, if it's 36 that's an easy $60-ish conversion. A shorter belt will also increase takeoff/accel as well as hill-climbing ability without sacrificing top end speed.

One last thing to consider - the BIG lifts (6" or more) look really cool, but keep in mind none of them actually increase ground clearance at all (other than the slight difference a larger diameter tire gives) - the "offroad" part of the description has more to do with the aggressive tire treads (which You already are close to) than the lift, the height and rims, tires, etc are primarily "Bling". Also, keep in mind that the higher the lift and bigger the tires, the more handling and stability issues come with the territory - it's a bit tricky to get a lifted cart on 23's under control "handling-wise", especially at 20+ mph. Can it be done, of course. Is it always the best choice? That's one I can't answer for You, it depends on your driving style and what You realistically expect out of your cart.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:24 AM   #16
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
You going for that 70s muscle car look? They might fit but I personally wouldn't do it just because I wouldn't like the look.
OMG do NOT let Scot (EssnEss) hear You say that, LOL - he did a Yamaha a few years back with 14's on the rear and 12's on the front, actually turned out completely BAD A$$ - I know, because I ended up with the other pair of 14's he started with that didn't fit on the front)

In the context of THIS thread though, I don't know how it would look on an offroad-style cart - I did a 1" difference (higher in the back) on the cart I'm building right now but the same size tires front and rear and it looks just about right - I'm hoping to get a few hours in on it today to wrap up the body (the cowl lowers FINALLY got here) so I'll try and post a few pics tonight
Old 09-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #17
Hunting Cart Rookie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Man, you guys have been a big help. For now Ill give the governor adjustment a try once I ride it for a few hours. Engine wise it has the 11HP Subaru Robin 2 cylinder 4 stroke. I assume the engine referred to concerning torque in the last post was the newer Kawasaki. The engine and battery cable both state November 2007. I assume it's a 2008 model that was assembled in 2007. Am I incorrect, is it a 2007? Thoughts?
Old 09-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #18
BillieS
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Cart Rookie View Post
Can I put 22s on the rear end without a lift?
I think your going to find that the 20's with the standard lift that came with the cart is about all you can get. I have the ame cart, put 20's on it. It works good as long as you do not load it up with anything and make sharp turns. Fenders will rub. No load, two people, normal driving should be fine.
BillieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #19
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Nope, being a 2007/8 I assumed it was the 350 Robin/Fuji 11hp and have been basing my posts on that ... OH, and before I forget, if You're doing a gun rack, try to avoid the upright floor-mount style, unless You mess with them, beef them up by welding, etc they generally rattle and bounce the hel! out of your guns. A horizontal ATV-style rack will be adaptable to the canopy uprights, far less abuse on the guns, and as a bonus (with a little strategic padding) makes a great shooting rest for when You're feeling too lazy to get out of the cart, LOL
Old 09-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #20
Hunting Cart Rookie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Good advice once again. I like the idea of the gun rack being mounted on the front roof supports with the gun I between me and windshield. So far the only ines that I have found will force me to remove my windshield....which I'd rather not do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO