lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #1
walts
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuel filter

On my 1997 ezgo, my fuel filter always drains after sitting for a few
days, is there anyway of preventing this.
The filter lays on top of the gas tank. Thanks,
walts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
tinyxxxviii
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Fuel filter

as long as the filter is above the level of gasoline in the gas tank gravity will take its course. The only way I can see the solve this problem is to move the filter so it is lower than the gas tank.
tinyxxxviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #3
walts
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking but am concerned about the power of the fuel pump
walts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:57 PM   #4
rocko
Gone Wild

as long as you don't have a start up problem after sitting I would not worry about it ---- on my Husqvarna zero swing mower I added a fuel primer bulb like on a boat as I had a problem that you would have to spin it over a few times if you let it sit awhile to fill the filter and the carb--------- there is a check ball in the inlet of those fuel bulbs that acts as an anti-siphon , Ihave gotten in the habit of giving it a squeeze every time I start it up to cut the grass
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #5
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I guess I am missing the problem. If the filter drains or not...... what issue is it causing you? My cart, if left for days, will require a pop of the choke when starting the first time but after that it starts fine. Maybe because of the filter draining back, maybe not. I've never looked since its not been a troublesome issue.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas engine
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO