lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
oachs83
Not Yet Wild

Default Question on installing a CD player on my 1988 Marathon.

Hey guys I did a search but seemed to be too broad of a question, forgive me and point me in the right direction if there is a link.

On my 1988 EZGO Marathon I plan to put a cd player in it just to run two small speakers. I see the area above the cup holders looks perfect. I removed the plastic trim piece where the player looks like it is suppose to go and I see there is a metal brace going to the "hood" of the cart. Bolted on with two bolts. Is this brace crucial or can I cut it out? Will I run into any integrity problems removing this? What have others done in the past? Thanks for the advice....
oachs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2015, 05:37 PM   #2
oachs83
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Question on installing a CD player on my 1988 Marathon.

I guess there is not many Marathon's out there with CD players? Anyways I started taking it apart and basically answered my own question. I would say yes you could get by without it but you are taking a bit of a risk. The "hood" seem to be a little flimsy with this bracket out and my fear was if someone were to sit on it the hood would cave in. So I went ahead and fabricated one up quick. It's a bit crude only spent 15 minutes or so on it but it can be crude as it will all be hidden once the cup holder trim is back on. This is as far as I got today.

oachs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO