lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2015, 10:54 PM   #11
my1423
Gone Wild

Default Re: Low compression in one cylinder options

Pull the spark plug and put he bad cylinder on start of the power stroke and bar the engine so it can not turn over. intake compression power exhaust.
Take an air blow nozzle with a rubber tip and press it into the spark plug hole.
Push in air and see where it comes out.
If out through the breather or oil cap bad rings piston or bore or head gasket. A little there is normal. Should hold pressure for a few minutes.
If out through intake or exhaust then a valve.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2015, 08:05 AM   #12
Rotag01
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Since I have 3 Motors I have decided I have enough Parts I will order a gasket kit before digging into the motor.

I will then order rings if that's truly what I need I will have to measure and see what block and pistons look like.
Rotag01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #13
Rotag01
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I ordered the gasket set so Looks like I will be tackling the repair myself. I can always back out if it gets to far along for me comfort wise. If its a vale I will pull the head and replace the head gasket after doing a valve Job.

If it goes deeper I will see if I can fix it not sure on bore gauge or if it has already been bored once or not I know cart was maintained but also it was ran everyday all day for years
So now I am into cart for $205.00
Rotag01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO