lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2015, 08:53 AM   #11
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Top speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipertblck View Post
Just the spring on top of differential or is there more to it than that
That's it... and a Hail Mary.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #12
vipertblck
Not Yet Wild

Just to verify; the cheapest easy way to adjust the speed is tighten that nut to & spring on top of the differential? No way to change rpm? My phone gps says it gets to 18-19 on accelerate, but the gets pulled down to a steady 15. Forgot to mention, has 225/35/12 tires if that matters
vipertblck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:03 PM   #13
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipertblck View Post
Just to verify; the cheapest easy way to adjust the speed is tighten that nut to & spring on top of the differential? No way to change rpm? My phone gps says it gets to 18-19 on accelerate, but the gets pulled down to a steady 15. Forgot to mention, has 225/35/12 tires if that matters
The governor will cut in later and then maintain a higher rpm, so it does change the rpm.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #14
vipertblck
Not Yet Wild

Messed with the cart today, got it to about 17-18 and all seems well. Once in a great while though it acts as if it "doesn't carth" and the rpm just goes up and hits limiter on accel from a stop. Let off the pedal and feather it a bit slowly; it's fine. Other times it doesn't do it at all and grabs/hooks just fine. Ever heard of this anyone
vipertblck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:08 PM   #15
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Mine has done that from time to time. Seems to be the clutches sticking a little. There is no science to speeding up the carts but there is inherent danger in rolling it over if you corner with too much speed. Add a lift kit and bigger tires and the problem becomes exponentially bigger. That is why the factory and no dealer will adjust it over the 12-15 MPH stock limit. Too much liability. The rev limiter will kick in if you go too far, not recommended imho. I have 25" tires on my TXT and try to keep speed to a minimum as it is also lifted and no doubt would roll over.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO