lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
TexasEZ
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Angry Time for a new frame

I was going to put a radio in my 2007 TXT and pulled the front cowl off for access. What a shock, the frame rails that are on each side of the floorboard angling up in the front are rusted completely into. This radio install just became a major project. I found an 02 TXT electric cart that I think I can get for free. Will the frame work? Also can the dash switch rev/for be used with gas carts or do you have to keep the lever type?

J. D.

Last edited by TexasEZ; 10-27-2015 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: added a question
TexasEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Time for a new frame

You can rebuild what you have but the 02 frame would work. However it would be a lot of work to switch it over.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:26 PM   #3
toxicwaste29
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would suggest rebuilding what you have. Maybe get the electric cart and just cut out the parts you need and welding it onto the frame you have. Transferring everything would be a lot of work but I do believe the frames are the same.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:37 PM   #4
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29 View Post
I would suggest rebuilding what you have. Maybe get the electric cart and just cut out the parts you need and welding it onto the frame you have. Transferring everything would be a lot of work but I do believe the frames are the same.
I don't know about these carts but agree with you that fixing would be way easier than swapping everything over. Just take your time, and do a complete job.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:36 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I bought a non-running cart as a project to make use of the take-offs from my G16--engine, lift, wheels and tires. I knew there was rust on the frame, but when I got it apart, repair was beyond my pay scale.

Tom--G1-G9--hooked me up with a rust free frame from upstate NY. Reassembling the cart on the new frame took some time, but it was fun to do, and all in all it came out pretty well.

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:35 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The front of these frames are the same. IF you have welding skills cut the front off the good frame and weld it to your frame with a little added support. Otherwise I have repaired frames with some C channel and misc supports. Do one side at a time to keep the original angle
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:45 AM   #7
TexasEZ
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the suggestions, I decided to weld 1 1/2" strap to the inside of the frame to beef it up. Using a rust treatment (Rust Mort) to kill the rust then spray undercoating to help prevent further rusting. Looks like this will work okay and last as long as I will need the cart.

J. D.
TexasEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO