lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #11
duster299
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Can someone tell me what this Yamaha cart is ?

Yea that's crazy huh ? I seen that 2 the harness diagram doesn't show what kind of starter relay I need either , any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duster299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2017, 02:38 PM   #12
Lochlin
Gone Wild

G1s were made for quite a number of years and, if I am not mistaken, there were some minor variations regarding the wiring diagram from year to year. There is a repair manual posted in the garage section that lists all of the wiring diagrams. You just need to figure out which specific year you need via the serial number.

The starter relay really isn't needed and a lot of people, to include me, bypassed it. All the relay did was delay the cart from turning over for a second or two to prevent the cart from being immediately started when switching directions via the key switch. This prevented to engine from trying to start in one direction while it was still turning in the other. Mine went bad altogether and, being that that particular relay really isn't needed, no one makes replacements so there are none to be found. Instead, people just jumped them which is probably why yours isn't even there.

Most carts actually have two harnesses; one for starting and one for charging. You can almost say that G1s have 3, one for F, one for R, and one for charging (although some of these are actually shared wiring).

G1s are a little more complex as they actually have fairly exotic ignitions for the time. It makes for a rough wiring schematic but these carts really are some of best ever.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #13
duster299
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
G1s were made for quite a number of years and, if I am not mistaken, there were some minor variations regarding the wiring diagram from year to year. There is a repair manual posted in the garage section that lists all of the wiring diagrams. You just need to figure out which specific year you need via the serial number.

The starter relay really isn't needed and a lot of people, to include me, bypassed it. All the relay did was delay the cart from turning over for a second or two to prevent the cart from being immediately started when switching directions via the key switch. This prevented to engine from trying to start in one direction while it was still turning in the other. Mine went bad altogether and, being that that particular relay really isn't needed, no one makes replacements so there are none to be found. Instead, people just jumped them which is probably why yours isn't even there.

Most carts actually have two harnesses; one for starting and one for charging. You can almost say that G1s have 3, one for F, one for R, and one for charging (although some of these are actually shared wiring).

G1s are a little more complex as they actually have fairly exotic ignitions for the time. It makes for a rough wiring schematic but these carts really are some of best ever.

Awesome thank you for your time :)

Old 09-19-2017, 08:18 PM   #14
duster299
Not Yet Wild

Ok I got it to fire up :). Now the linkage between the carb and the exhaust is missing , is that important ? It seems to need to adjust the choke to keep it running . Any ideas ?

Old 09-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #15
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Linkage isn't important as long as the exaust butterfly is wired open... As for the choke to need running it likely crank seals
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:35 PM   #16
duster299
Not Yet Wild

Ok I'll wire the exhaust open , shall I do the carb open as well ? I can spray the crank seals with starting fluid and that should
Tell me if they are leaking I suppose

Old 09-19-2017, 08:39 PM   #17
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Don't wire the carb open you go wide open all the time ..... Try spraying starting flood around carb boot first the seals are pretty deep so the old starter fluid trick doesn't necessarily work the best but you can try it
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:08 PM   #18
duster299
Not Yet Wild

Awesome . Now when it's running good it won't idle correct its either running or off right ? I just didn't know if the cart would run at like 1/3 throttle

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha