lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #1
voorhees231
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G-1 oil injection

What does everyone have to say about the oil injection on these carts? Would I be better to unhook it or run with it? It has worked for the last 36 years but it could fail tomorrow
Whats everyones thoughts or practices?
voorhees231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G-1 oil injection

Is there any prescribed maintenance for the system? I won't fix something that's not broke.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:07 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'm firm believer in deleting it these things don't take much fuel and I don't mind mixing gas ran mine at 100:1 and it's ran great no problems mix up five gallons at a time and it runs a long time
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #4
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

some love them and stick with them. What I hear is if it fails it fails dumping more oil than less so as to not burn up the motor.

My cart was unhooked when I got it so I left it off and mix my own fuel. actually made a delete plate for it also.

and here we go. I use VP Synthetic oil and mix with rec fuel at 50:1. Doesn't smoke but at times you can smell it. I went this way because my engine was old and unknown and want it to get good lubrication. I'm sure ill get bashed for it but it works for me and my buggy.

Some here mix at 80:1. best I can tell you is research and make your own descion.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:20 PM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

There's a plastic gear that runs off the crank if say a couple teeth break off and it stops turning you will have 0 oil flow so there's different scenarios that could cut oil flow
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I have seen some failed, and hate to tell you, none of them failed to a "full flow" state. It was all things like failed pump gear, failed pump, worn through oil line, oil line popped off carb. When they fail, they only give you one warning, that warning is super low compression (rebuild time). My early experiences with failed oil injection were on outboard boat motors back when I worked in that field. I am not a fan of oil injection.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha