lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2017, 07:10 PM   #1
azAlfaowl
Not Yet Wild

Default G8 keeps working it's oil fill tube loose !!

Helping a neighbor who has had his '93 cart in four times for a leaking oil fill tube assembly. Twice the assembly has worked it's self completely loose and was just lying on the crankcase!! Can't believe this unit has no upper support bracket!! Assume it just vibrates it's self loose but at the same time is reaming it's seat so now just hand force is enough to insert and remove the tube!! Plus it has a built in angle which makes it more susceptible to vibration and increases it's seating problem due to difficulty to apply pressure in the direction of the seat!! So enough of my rant !! LOL, any suggestions on a decent repair? Thanks Paul
azAlfaowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G8 keeps working it's oil fill tube loose !!

Never seen one come out yet, they are pressed in there pretty good. I would take the tube to your work bench, take a hammer & a punch and make some small (very small) divots on the inside of the tube (the portion that goes in the block). I would go about halfway up the portion that goes in the hole, and start with one, if that doesn't offer much resistance, add another. Continue until it resists dropping in the hole without some force. Then put a little silicone on the "stopper rim" to seal it up & (hopefully permanently) install it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:35 AM   #3
azAlfaowl
Not Yet Wild

Thanks cgtech. To help my addled mind, your talking about adding divots to the outside of the tube that goes into the block? Not to the inside of this tube? The tube is about 1/8 inch thick, would think it would be difficult to deform the tube outward without distorting it significantly? Thanks Paul
azAlfaowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:41 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I didn't notice the bottom was that thick, like I said , I never seen one come out. So put the "chingers" on the outside.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:51 PM   #5
mustangwagz
Getting Wild
Yamaha

id "Peen" the tube as well but id also try a small amount of bearing retaining compound around it also once you start it into the block. Bearing retaining compound that I have is green in color and made by loctite. (in a red bottle..tho..) most auto parts have it on stock.
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:18 AM   #6
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by azAlfaowl View Post
Helping a neighbor who has had his '93 cart in four times for a leaking oil fill tube assembly. Twice the assembly has worked it's self completely loose and was just lying on the crankcase!! Can't believe this unit has no upper support bracket!! Assume it just vibrates it's self loose but at the same time is reaming it's seat so now just hand force is enough to insert and remove the tube!! Plus it has a built in angle which makes it more susceptible to vibration and increases it's seating problem due to difficulty to apply pressure in the direction of the seat!! So enough of my rant !! LOL, any suggestions on a decent repair? Thanks Paul
Clean both mating surfaces well and a little bit of JB weld around the upper tube to collar that slides into the case
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:12 AM   #7
cfherrman
Gone Wild

I would try the lesser loctites way before jb weld
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #8
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfherrman View Post
I would try the lesser loctites way before jb weld
I did and the harmonics of the motor when strung out would loosen up again JB has been the only solution for my situation thanks to Don
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha