lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #1
scrapper01
Not Yet Wild

Default 2018 quietech efi

OK, looking for some guidance from you guys on this, as the info out there is not clear.

As I have been shopping for a gas cart I have been very interested in the Yamaha Quietech EFI, especially after riding in my buddies rather loud EZGO RXV. After further research I found nearly everything I wanted in the Adventurer Sport 2+2 EFI. Most dealers around here want to sell me a modded PTV for more than I can buy the Adventurer Sport for. One dealer told me that the Adventurer Sport does not have the Quietech technology right when I was ready to order. That floored me, I was actually rather surprised that it does not have that technology and a bit skeptical at the same time. After looking around the web, I discovered many for sale listings for the Adventurer Sport as including the Quitech (could be inaccurate listings by dealers?), so I called Yamaha to ask, they just flipped though their website with me and showed me that the webpage for the Adventurer Sport says nothing about Quietech (still not much of a definitive answer for me).

So I am posing the question to you guys in hopes of some guidance on Quietech and what exactly it is and if anyone has a definitive answer as to whether or not the Adventurer Sport 2+2 has that technology. Is there a way that I can look at the motor and see something that would definitively tell me, yes, this motor has Quietech?

Does anyone have any experience in noticing if a 2017/2018 Adventurer Sport is any louder than the 2017/2018 PTV?
scrapper01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2017, 01:11 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2018 quietech efi

Quietech is a whole lot of seals, foam noise deadeners, exhaust paths, a foam lined "belly pan" and a intake tube to draw from the front. This may actually not be the offering for the Adventurer line, as it was the intended replacement for the UMAX, a line made for the service industry like beverage carts, ball pickers, and golf course maintenance type jobs. It may not be a line of BS their feeding you. We sell nearly.none of those, so I can't really give a 100% accurate read.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 08:40 AM   #3
Waterluvr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2018 quietech efi

I was looing for these same answers prior to purchasing an Adventurer Sport, all I can say is that they are very quiet and the only real difference I can see is the belly pan isn't used on account of the 3" factory installed lift.

I love this cart! The tires actually make more noise on a paved road surface than the engine and it runs flawlessly with the efi and sips gasoline.
Waterluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha