lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #1
Chris1179
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Black sludge inside tailpipe??

Hello to everyone from Ontario where it snowed again today!
I am hoping that someone can shed some light on my old G2 which I know little about except that it was once on a golf cart .
It is a 1988 according to the serial #.
I’m freezing temps it starts right up and runs like a charm .
After about 2 minutes of running I get the stinky blue smoke .
The muffler is a used on that I bought from a person that was parting out their cart and he did tell me that his cart was running rich .
Last night I was puttering on the cart and put my pinky finger into the tailpipe and was surprised with the oily sludge that came out . He pipe isn’t clogged but certainly coated ..
I have read about 2 strokes gumming up a muffler but a 4 stroke ?
With the fact that the cart starts up in the freezing cold I assuming compression is sufficient. It has only 1 qt of 10w30 royal purple synthetic in it and the air filter is clean .
Is it possible that this sludge was in the muffler and it’s not my motor that has a problem ?
Or what would be wrong with my motor to produce this in the muffler ?
I’m reluctant to tear it down with how good it runs but am I harming it to run it ?
It’s going to be a toy at the trailer park so not going to work like a dog .
Do g2’s do this to mufflers ?
Any thoughts would be appreciated .
As always, thank you,
Chris
Chris1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2018, 09:19 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Black sludge inside tailpipe??

If the cart it was previously on ran a long time with bad oil scrapper rings it's very well could have built up junk over the years take it off and BBQ it beings it dosnt smoke right away I bet after the two minutes of running the muffler gets hot enough to start burning off what's in the muffler
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:19 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
If the cart it was previously on ran a long time with bad oil scrapper rings it's very well could have built up junk over the years take it off and BBQ it beings it dosnt smoke right away I bet after the two minutes of running the muffler gets hot enough to start burning off what's in the muffler
My thoughts exactly on the muffler BBQ: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-hot-pics.html

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #4
Chris1179
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Then a bbq it is !!
I will do a magnet test to make sure it isn’t aluminum !
Thx gents!
Chris1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha