lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
brodykmb
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 rear bearing replacement

yeah go to the search function. sorry i have my own thread the others are not informative enough and i'd like to discuss it for future folks to use. Anyways, what's the scoop? i am grinding on my back right. if i get this hub off can i borrow a bearing puller from one of the napas of the world and that's it? help
brodykmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2018, 10:37 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 rear bearing replacement

Nope, if it can be changed, it will require a hydraulic shop press. If it cannot be pressed off, it will have to be removed from the hub flange side (that job is a grinder and a welder).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:56 AM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Yes a G2 needs the hub ground loose and a press to push the bearing off and on. Then it needs welded back together.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:06 PM   #4
brodykmb
Not Yet Wild

thanks tech and shep for the reply.

so i don't know how to grind that off and I darn sure can't weld. May I ask for your advice on where in the world I could take my cart to have help with this? Shoot, the bearing sets are only like $40. Small machine shop kind of thing?
Old 07-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

Yep, I bet a local Fab/machine shop could handle it fairly easily. Unfortunately, this turns into a job that some "home gamers" aren't up to. And that weld job is gonna need some heat that a dinky 110v welder might might not provide.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:14 PM   #6
brodykmb
Not Yet Wild

thanks tech! I guess i will try to buddy on up with some local guy and explain what needs to go on with it. Hoping it's not going to be some foreign language to them but it should be ok right?
"Hey man i have this old golf cart and the bearing is behind a welded hub that needs to be ground off , new bearings installed then re-welded." That's going to be par for the course with a standard mechanic right?
Old 07-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

I think so, especially if you bring the shaft with you, since it's out already anyway.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #8
brodykmb
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I think so, especially if you bring the shaft with you, since it's out already anyway.
this is where you will realize that you are way ahead of me on this stuff. I have never done anything like that before so let me see if i can kind of guess and you tell me if i am on the right track.
wheels off then i am looking at the hub. I reached back and felt that there were i think screws on the back side of the hub. I loosen those up and i would imagine the hub opens up to what should be the shaft which has my bearing on it? Is it as simple from that point to just extract the shaft to take into a guy to grind and weld?
Hope that sounds on track. I have no clue what's really inside of there. Thanks again for your advice and help. This is a ton of fun for me also but I couldn't do much without getting to hear from minds like the ones found on this site. Very thankful!
Old 07-13-2018, 09:41 AM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

You are on the right track, should be 4 bolts, then manuvering the retainer plate and brake assy to get it to come out. Don't be surprised if it doesn't just "fall right out" in your hand...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha