lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
tony 1970
Not Yet Wild

Default I have a 1991 g2 gas cart and on the belt clutch

It has a grease fitting do bnb I need to grease this and how much thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
tony 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: I have a 1991 g2 gas cart and on the belt clutch

A stock G2 will only have a grease fitting on the primary clutch (engine clutch). The proper way to do it is....Remove the drive belt/ remove the screws that hold on the gold colored cap/ push the clutch toward the engine/ turn clutch till the zerk fitting is at 12 o'clock/ shot 1 shot of grease in/ rotate the clutch till the zerk fitting is at 6 o'clock and wipe out any grease that has come out of the seal area. You only want grease on the sliding sheave bushings, not into the weights and pins. Also inspect the weights and pins for abnormal wear/movement, if there is any, they will soon explode If the secondary clutch (transaxle side) has been updated to a sliding sheave with a zerk fitting, you can shoot a couple of shots of grease in, but the more you put in, the more it will just be thrown into the engine bay when running the car. Hope that explained alittle. Good luck!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha