lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #1
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 air chamber/boost bottle

Going to swap a J10 cylinder,intake,carburetor and exhaust on to a J17 block. I looked into the nipple on the intake boot and saw it was for an air chamber. I found an air chamber and the charge tube that goes with it however there is no nipple on my crank case to hook it into. Do I need to run the air chamber or can I cap off the nipple on the intake boot. Is it really necessary to use it? I know how and why they were used. I dont want to buy it if I cant use it. Is there any other way I can use it with my crank case? Thoughts? Thanks.
dezrcr822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 air chamber/boost bottle

Cap it off...you'll be good to go
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #3
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Will do. Thank you!!!
Old 10-02-2018, 08:36 AM   #4
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezrcr822 View Post
Going to swap a J10 cylinder,intake,carburetor and exhaust on to a J17 block. I looked into the nipple on the intake boot and saw it was for an air chamber. I found an air chamber and the charge tube that goes with it however there is no nipple on my crank case to hook it into. Do I need to run the air chamber or can I cap off the nipple on the intake boot. Is it really necessary to use it? I know how and why they were used. I dont want to buy it if I cant use it. Is there any other way I can use it with my crank case? Thoughts? Thanks.
how and why did they use the "boost bottle". Always wondered why it was added. it wasn't added until like 83-84 I think.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:26 AM   #5
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yamaha came out with its YEIS around 1980 and I think it was 1983 when they put it on our golf carts. It helps with low speed power as power drops off right before the engines powerband begins. When air travels through the carb and the reed closes the air behind it stacks up. The boost bottle captures that air/fuel and releases it back into the intake tract when there is low pressure when the reed opens again giving the engine a boost. They are not useful at higher rpm. What threw me off is the second line that goes to the crankcase next to the fuel pump pulse nipple. I have not seen another boost bottle with a second line. There is a lot more to it than that and there are some great articles on them that explains theory and operation much better than I can if you want to learn more about them. If I have missed anything please feel free to correct me.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:51 PM   #6
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

good stuff man. I googled it and did some light reading on it.

thank you
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:14 PM   #7
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
good stuff man. I googled it and did some light reading on it.

thank you
Any time and yes very interesting. I may order the air chamber anyway and mess around with it.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:31 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Good read! I always figured it was for noise reduction. Those Yamaha engineers were a crafty bunch.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha