lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
Abes
Not Yet Wild

Default UMax spring and gears

I just finished swapping out a few thing from my 2008 G23 umax and wanted to know what they could be worth- if they'd be any interest in them.

I replaced the gears and clutches on my umax with a plowman's package and wanted to know if they'd be any interest in them and what they'd be worth.

The gears are 15:1 ratio which came out of a dana/ spicer rear. I believe its the same as the g22.

The spring is the stock umax one for the secondary/ driven

Both worked perfect, just replaced in the quest for more speed...

Thanks..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3364.jpg (195.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3365.jpg (294.8 KB, 0 views)
Abes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: UMax spring and gears

According to the Yamaha parts system, the G23a ring and pinion gears are the same as the 12.5x:1 gears in a G16-G22. Doesn't appear to be 15.x:1 ratio. The spring might be different, but considering it's over 10 years used, not a ton of value.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:29 AM   #3
Abes
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: UMax spring and gears

That’s what I thought also but when I called Yamaha and have them the serial number, they confirmed it was a 15:1 ratio

As for the spring, I’ve seen here that people use it as an upgrade over stock because it’s stiffer
Abes is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha