lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2019, 06:20 AM   #1
uteswags
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default g16 build with yamaha 750

Hi guys I am planning a build for a G16 whith a yamaha 750 motorbike engine and I intend to use the gearbox from the bike as well. No as this will be a huge power upgrade I will be mounting 4 wheel brakes. I am wanting to know if there is a upgrade for the steering? Any advice would be great.
uteswags is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2019, 09:11 PM   #2
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: g16 build with yamaha 750

Big job your getting ready to tackle, if it were me I would be looking into a double A-arm setup, I myself installed a jakes long travel on a G9, I'm topping out at 42 mph probably no where near what your gonna be running but i'm pretty sure I can handle a lot more speed if I had it.. Some of the guys on here are using aftermarket rack-n-pinion steering units on their builds, I stayed with the factory unit, works well (nice and tight)Good luck on your build..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:26 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

There is a subsection on BGW here under big blocks that is all about ATV and bike engine swaps. You might want to look there for more info
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:09 AM   #4
uteswags
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had a bit of a look in the bike and ATV forum but I couldn't find anything to do with steering upgrades. Thanks for the info
uteswags is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha