lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
Cruze
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Arrow 2014 EzGo Gas Express L6 - Needing High SpeedGears

I just bought a new Gas Express L6. I have put 23" tires with 14" rims on it & turned up the governor a tad (could go more but still new) anyway the cart can do 20 mph but that's it. I'm looking for a high speed gear like 8:1 but apparently they do not make much yet for these carts with the new engines & rears. I have contacted MANY shops around the country and the only thing I can find is that they are making a 10:1, the STOCK gears are 11.42:1 so not really a big enough change in ratio to be cost effective. Does anyone know of any other gears or if the RXV gears will fit in the Express L6?

Open for ideas or any other speed tips.

I'm looking for top speed because I have the cart street legal and I feel like a snail doing 20 on the roadways. I would like to get cart upto 25-30mph if possible?
Cruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: 2014 EzGo Gas Express L6 - Needing High SpeedGears

try east coast carts

1-877-340-3606

Ron@eastcoastcarts.com
Old 04-17-2014, 11:31 PM   #3
misterpowertools
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Taller tires and taller gears don't usually go together well. I'm doing almost 25 on an old cart with 22's and ungoverned... after break-in try adjusting that gov a bit more. .

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
misterpowertools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #4
Cruze
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for replies.
Ron at East Coast was very helpful but didn't know for sure since Express L6 doesn't pop up on any parts lists yet. After calling around many places my local shop told me to try Nivel, RedHawk & Erlandson. Erlandson does have gears available.

http://www.erlandsontechnology.com/G..._p/7850002.htm

Going to order them this week and give them a try.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #5
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
Thanks for replies.
Ron at East Coast was very helpful but didn't know for sure since Express L6 doesn't pop up on any parts lists yet. After calling around many places my local shop told me to try Nivel, RedHawk & Erlandson. Erlandson does have gears available.

http://www.erlandsontechnology.com/G..._p/7850002.htm

Going to order them this week and give them a try.
I would think twice about the new gear set. With the 23 inch tires you are already probably below 8:1 gearing. Your torque is going to suffer. You are doing 20 now. With the governor squeezed more, you should be in your MPH range. Speed is great but torque is King in my book. A $300 disappointment would really suck. thumbup:
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
Cruze
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

To clarify about me putting the 23" tires on the cart. It came with a different 23" tire and a 12" rim from EZGO. I just upgraded to 14" rims and by doing that I had to get a different 23" tire to accommodate the new rim size.
The cart comes with a 11.42:1 gear from the factory with 23" tires.
I live in Florida and the cart is Street Legal. All of the roads around here are flat & I do not off-road it or do any hill climbing. My only torque problem would come in to play when i have the cart loaded down with 6 adults. Erlandson also said they would recommend a Recalibrate clutch kit if i had any problems. The slower acceleration wouldn't bother me as much as the low speed does.

Since the Kaw Mule 610 is the same engine and does 25mph from the factory do you fell it is because of different gearing? I know it has a two speed gear but don't know what they are.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:01 AM   #7
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Adjusting the governor all the way or unhooking it will net you high 20's. Try this first maybe? What top speed are you looking for?
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #8
Cruze
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I would like to get cart up to 25-30mph if possible? The speed limits posted by me are mostly 25 & 30 but most everybody does 30-35.

I got rid of my electric 4 passenger street legal that did 38 mph so 20 mph just feels like a stand still and i just hate that i cant go with the flow of traffic. Having traffic backup behind you and having to pull off to the side of the road to let them go by stinks.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:12 AM   #9
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The Kawi does have very good torque and if you would prefer over 30 on flat, gears will need to be done with 23" tires. No way around it.
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #10
robf
Not Yet Wild

I'm looking to purchase the same cart. I live in Fort Lauderdale and there's no way I can do 20mph!! How fast does it go with the new gears and did you lose a lot of torque?
robf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO