lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
coiler1975
Not Yet Wild

Default speed and torque

Hello guyz. I was wondering how can I get a ez go rxv gas 2008 fo do 35 mph . Ill be use this gulf cart for motor route delie news papers.
coiler1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2014, 07:48 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: speed and torque

Maybe a Supercharger or Nitrus.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
brodave12
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: speed and torque

Maybe if you strip it down, put a lift kit and very tall tires on it and change the rear end gear?
brodave12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

This is a strikingly familiar question, I believe it may have come up in another thread ...

If You have the 13hp Kawi engine and drivetrain, 35 is going to be a tall order. The plastic governor gears on the new carts like to break apart and lock up the rear ends if the governors are eliminated and the RPM's get too high, so there's hurdle number one. Add in that the Kawi motors can and will easily float the valves at higher RPM's when the governor is bypassed or adjusted too high, and it's a risky move all around (especially compared to the older Robins 350cc engines). With a lift and 23's, TEAM clutches and Belt, and a risky (but not totally bypassed) governor setting I am getting 28mph, but only for short distances as I really don't want to blow up the rear end. My eventual goal is to swap out the rear end gears for a taller set and pull the governor internally (which in theory should get 35mph) but I can't confirm that - I can say that although the accel profile of the TEAM clutches is a bit different than the stock 10-28 factory driven clutch on my cart, the takeoff is slower but the overall torque is MUCH nicer.

35 on a lifted cart is something a lot of people *think* they would like, but I can definitely say from experience that's at the ragged edge of what is "fun" or SAFE to drive in a cart, especially a lifted one. I have a 97 TXT that's built to the hilt and will run in the 40's all day long with 2 people, but it took me quite awhile and some seriously creative engineering to make it safe or enjoyable to run at those speeds (lowered, widened, stabilizer, etc) ... That cart has a 350cc punched to 373cc, 295 head, timing advance, valve springs, cam, polished and bored carb, jetted and piped, 28deg clutch, and 6:1 speed gears, btw - NOT an easy or cheap setup to obtain. Just 2 cents based on experience, YMMV.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #5
Airbagged
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A Jakes big block kit, 23" tires and 6:1 gears will get you the 35mph of course you will have to bypass the govenor spring. The kits come with a comet clutch changing the rear driven clutch to a 28 degree will help maintain some decent torque, only issue is if there is a kit for the RXV mine is a TXT, but with my mods I did hit all the numbers your looking for
Airbagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:02 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbagged View Post
A Jakes big block kit, 23" tires and 6:1 gears will get you the 35mph of course you will have to bypass the govenor spring. The kits come with a comet clutch changing the rear driven clutch to a 28 degree will help maintain some decent torque, only issue is if there is a kit for the RXV mine is a TXT, but with my mods I did hit all the numbers your looking for
The 400cc engine, clutches, and rear end spin the opposite direction of the older setups, no BB kit available at this time that I know of unless one were to fab up everything themselves and find the appropriate-rotation engine ...

Also, the stock Kawi clutches only come in one style (not like the good ol days where You could swap out your 36deg driven for a 28deg) - the TEAM clutches as of right now are really Your only "Upgrade" option (at almost $600 all told w shipping and a clutch tool to swap them) - the Kawi clutches *are* known for premature wear and degrading performance though, if You could find a new set and swap them out it would definitely help, especially if your cart is a retired "golf-course" cart that still has the OEM clutches - look at the retaining clip at the end of the driven clutch splines, if there is ANY wear to the ring groove, widening, deformation, etc your clutch is swiftly on the road to failure (this was actually a recall of sorts for EZGO, they had a "balancer" that many techs installed on fleet carts to try and extend the life of the clutches but unless they were installed prior to the groove beginning to wear, they didn't really help as the damage was already underway)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO