lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: No Lights or Horn (Workhorse)

You could also just get a solar trickle charger with a quick disconnect. As for a battery, I use either a Group 27,29 or 31 in mine. Marine dual starting and deep cycle. Two of mine are batteries that came from Interstate as "rebuilt". Both have lasted I think 3 years and were $40 each..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2015, 12:36 PM   #22
itbedave
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
You could also just get a solar trickle charger with a quick disconnect. As for a battery, I use either a Group 27,29 or 31 in mine. Marine dual starting and deep cycle. Two of mine are batteries that came from Interstate as "rebuilt". Both have lasted I think 3 years and were $40 each..
I'll check into those. We have an Interstate Battery nearby.

I'm getting ready to install a solar trickle charger for a deep-cycle battery system in the trailer that it's being stored in as it is - but to run interior and exterior LED lights during Friday night football games when there's no other power source nearby. Wonder if I could just tap into that and connect to the battery over the winter?
itbedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:01 PM   #23
itbedave
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
You'd think I'd looked at that compartment enough times in the last 2 years to know, but the current battery is pretty small. NAPA shows it's 8x8.75x6.75".

The deep-cycle marine batteries I've found on Interstate's website are all 11-12"+. Is there room for a battery that large in the compartment? Or did you 'make it fit' somehow? (Looking at the SRM-27 and SRM-29)
Old 07-27-2015, 01:13 PM   #24
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

You should also be putting SeaFoam in all of the gas that goes in it.

For the little bit of use it gets, I'm surprised you haven't had any carburetor problems yet.

If you could find a non ethanol gas supply around you, it would be worth it. If you have any pilots, or aircraft mechanics in the band boosters, they could get some from the local airport.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #25
itbedave
Not Yet Wild

Once again, I really appreciate these tips!

What's irritating me now is, we JUST had this cart serviced by a local dealer last summer, and they didn't make ANY suggestions about care and maintenance - and I asked! UGH! Don't think we'll be taking it back there anymore.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #26
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbedave View Post
You'd think I'd looked at that compartment enough times in the last 2 years to know, but the current battery is pretty small. NAPA shows it's 8x8.75x6.75".

The deep-cycle marine batteries I've found on Interstate's website are all 11-12"+. Is there room for a battery that large in the compartment? Or did you 'make it fit' somehow? (Looking at the SRM-27 and SRM-29)
Now that you ask that I think I did have to modify the fixed bracket just a tad so the recess in the battery would drop in. And I put battery straps around mine anyway. After my daughter flipper her cart and I saw that puny bracket was not going to hold it I put the straps in..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:50 PM   #27
itbedave
Not Yet Wild

Tuesday when I went to add gas to the cart, the cart started right up like there was never anything wrong with it... multiple times. Today when I tried the same thing, it turned over once and then nothing. So I pulled the battery and took it to Interstate Battery to get tested, and they confirmed it was going bad. Had a remanufactured replacement available for about $50 - so I got it and will install this weekend. Hopefully good to go for the season.

I also took the advice on the SeaFoam additive for the gasoline. Thanks for that and ALL of the suggestions and advice!
Old 07-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #28
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I've been thinking about this thread. A solar charger sounds like a great idea with one exception. What if the battery, or the charging system malfunctions, and burns down the storage trailer?

Not a big problem if they have insurance, and everything gets replaced. I think I would want it in a garage on a tender where there is the chance of somebody walking by it every day.

It could go to a booster's house, or even the bus garage at the school.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:24 PM   #29
itbedave
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
I've been thinking about this thread. A solar charger sounds like a great idea with one exception. What if the battery, or the charging system malfunctions, and burns down the storage trailer?

Not a big problem if they have insurance, and everything gets replaced. I think I would want it in a garage on a tender where there is the chance of somebody walking by it every day.

It could go to a booster's house, or even the bus garage at the school.
YES! I've been thinking about the same thing! LOL!

Burning down the band trailer would be BAD - insurance or not!

And the bus garage is a GREAT idea - since our district has their own busses - that's certainly an option. Great tip!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO