lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
tambrogdon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Headlights won't work only marker lights

Just installed the RHOX Deluxe wiring harness and light kit with turn signals and brake light switch. Pretty much everything works as advertised except when I turn the headlights on instead of the white headlights coming on just the amber "marker lights" (turn signal lights) come on. The only way I can get the headlights to come on is to turn on the hazard lights which is on the steering mounted turn signal unit.
The other strange thing is the horn which came with the kit (horn button on the steering column unit too) does not work! This seems like the simplest component and it just does not work.
The harness came labeled and with pretty detailed instructions and I am sure I followed them correctly.....Any ideas?
tambrogdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
Kplhdryder
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: Headlights won't work only marker lights

Double check you ground, is it on clean metal?, No possibility you blew a fuse? Just a thought.
Kplhdryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
tambrogdon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The harness has connectors pre installed for everything and the ground is to the battery - since everything else works I assume that central ground is good. There are 2 fuses installed on the harness near the battery postive lead. I will verify both are good this morning. Thanks
Old 09-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
tambrogdon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Fuses are good. The ground is also good
Old 09-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
Kplhdryder
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

I purchased a liteseasy kit, a little while back, works fine now, also has to be grounded to battery. I had to return the rear bar light, could not get rear running lights to operate, brake and signals all worked. This by all means is a totally different light system.from your RHOX Deluxe wiring harness and light kit with turn signals and brake light switch. All signals, lights, and horn, switch, done with a remote, sent to a controller. I'm just saying could the front head lamps be bad? Is there anyway you can test without damage to lights, warranty? Most of these kits are fool proof as far as installation, any chance possible wire pinch during install? Thats all i got sorry.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
tambrogdon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well the headlights do work when the flashers are turned on...possibly a bad relay I am thinking. Can't figure why the horn wouldn't work either but they both operate thru the same switch on the turn indicator so its possible I guess. Thanks for your help. Gonna take this up with the supplier.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
Kplhdryder
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

That is the best thing to do, on some of the horns in those light kits, there is an adjusting screw near the center of the horn that can be adjusted. At least that the case with the horns I have had experience with. Good Luck.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO