lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2014, 06:28 AM   #11
markups09
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 marathon 2pg

Okay so I got everything put back together the pipe sounds like a racing quad. It's loud, to say the least. I Just got it all put back together at midnight last night so today is the true test day. I can't get over the difference in compression, I wasn't sure if my starter generator would turn it over or not but it finally did. The sound is much throaty-er than before and it revs up really fast, I ordered a new unipod filter and reshaped a 45 degree pvc elbo to fit on the intake. It was simple I used a hole saw to drill the end of the pvc out to 23/4" ID and drilled 2 small holes for set screws. I will post pics later today and maybe a video so you guys can hear this monster come to life. Lol
markups09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #12
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Have you driven it yet?
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #13
markups09
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Morgan yes i drove it and it was too loud and I lost top end . It went from top speed of 22-23 mph back to 17-18mph, but it had a lot of torque. So I split the pipe again and cut the center pipe at the top of the exhaust inside the can, then I cut it again halfway down the inside the can. Next I cut a disc out of 18ga flat steel. I drilled a 11/2" center hole in it. I pulled half of my insulation out and dropped my disc in and got the center tube sticking just up thru it, then I welded it in place. I welded the can back together and I wasn't sure if the 11/4" outlet would keep it loud so I welded a steel 5/8" washer over the outlet hole. I fitted it all back together and tested it yesterday. It sounds great and I'm pleased to say I finally got it over 30mph on flat ground. Only down side is Im still not happy with the clutching I'd like to have more low end and still be able to drive at 22-25mph. I'm thinking about shimming the clutch or maybe a heavier spring if I can find one.
markups09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO