lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #11
sleezego
Gone Wild

Columbia

Default Re: 1994 XI-500 Questions

FNR switch looks just like mine b4 i took the micros and buzzer off..
sleezego is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #12
CoolCart
Not Yet Wild

Yes it is a refurb. The batteries are Interstate Workaholics 2200s, 6 volt, one of which has a hole in it. The "BOSS" wants me to try to fix the hole in it but I dont think this is such a good idea. He said something about JB Weld. The hole is on the bottom of the battery. Anyone ever tried to do this before? Ive spent a week tearing this cart down, welding in new battery frames, prepping and painting and the last thing I want is to have acid leaking on my purty new paint! We are a commercial refrigeration company here in Houston Texas, and we do ALOT of service work out at the ballpark where the Astro's play, so this thing has to look sharp as well as run good. It saves about 10 miles of walking per day, and sure makes things happen alot quicker!
CoolCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #13
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I would not recommend repairing the battery if it has a hole in the bottom then you lost your acid and would just be replacing it with water which would not give you the correct concerntration and you would just cause the other batteries to go bad because you batteries will all start acting like there weakest link. I would just spend an extra $100 and be done with it.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sorry, You will NEVER succesfully patch a battery case below the water line
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #15
CoolCart
Not Yet Wild

Ok I think I have started to dissect the double microswitch questions. It appears as though the missing microswitch was at one time connected to the potentiometer. I have disassembled the controller/solenoid/potentiometer bracket for painting and discovered a set of wires from the potentiometer have been cut. Referring to my wiring diagram (that I think is the right one) it shows that those wires should go from the potentiometer to one of the microswitches on the double microswitch setup. Anyone know what this set of wires and the microswitch controls? Thanks!
CoolCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Basically there are two things controlled by the two microswitches....1 is the solenoid which connects the battery power to the controller . 2nd is the powering up of the controller, usually the job of the PB-6

You should look at the wiring digrams for that year cart to dtermine how it goes. Usually there were 2 micros on the F&R cause one operated the solenoid in F and the other when it was in R.....
Old 02-16-2009, 11:15 PM   #17
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

I figured out what he has. It's the predecessor to the Work Horse. This Model number is usually on the tailgate of the bed and it has a complete Dianond plate pattern to the entire body.

They have a name but I can't think of what it is called. Ruredy can tell you. I had a couple of them last year. They were models GXI-450 and Gasoline models.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:51 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty View Post
I figured out what he has. It's the predecessor to the Work Horse. This Model number is usually on the tailgate of the bed and it has a complete Dianond plate pattern to the entire body.

They have a name but I can't think of what it is called. Ruredy can tell you. I had a couple of them last year. They were models GXI-450 and Gasoline models.
YEp that is what he has except it is electric......it looks like a TXT frame?
Old 02-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #19
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Not a TXT frame, too much metal. Look at the battery trays, they look like 3 left and 3 right, just like a Marathon.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

yep....true dat
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO