lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
Bmess11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1997 ezgo txt dcs new motor tries to turn but won't.

I have a 1997 36v ezgo txt dcs. Run/tow switch on top of case, front/ reverse switch under knee ( not with the rod). Got it from a guy who had a bad motor on it he took the motor off and it was beyond repair. All wheels spin free. I ordered a new d&d motor model #170-500-0001 from golfcart catalog. wired it up jacked the rear wheels off the ground, pressed the pedal I could hear it trying to turn the wheels, they just kinda jerked a little bit, cables by the motor were getting warm. And also the wire from the A2 controller to the solenoid was warm. Batteries are reading 37v. Gonna start trying to troubleshoot some stuff to see what's up. I'm new to all this so any ideas, help, advice is appreciated. It's still a stock controller which I'm gonna guess might have went bad when they tore the motor up? If there is already a thread out here like this ill look at it to save time but I couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.
Bmess11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #2
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 ezgo txt dcs new motor tries to turn but won't.

dcs controllers have a fatal flaw-no low voltage protection-also some motor failures will destroy the controller....that is all i know for now and i am sure someone will help you do the trouble shooting....the fact that is trying to do something might be a good sign(fingers crossed)...welcome to BGW!
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
Bmess11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks mutant.

So after looking through some more and trying to test some wires I noticed the solenoid doesn't have a resistor nor a diode. Are dcs suppose to have that? I've pulled up the service manual and it looks as if most of the wires are correct going to the solenoid other than a single wire that is both yellow and white. Also when I take the f/r switch out of gear and put it in neutral I hear the solenoid click?! I'll try to attach a photo, looks like the previous owner may have been in here before judging by the electrical tape.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0886.jpg (204.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0883.jpg (209.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-02-2017, 06:56 PM   #4
bmr4106
Not Yet Wild

Is that a diode wrapped in black tape connected to white wire running between large solonoid terminal and small terminal?
bmr4106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #5
Bmess11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Actually it didn't even have a diode nor resistor. That was the last guy that owned it he had the white/yellow wire going to the battery side terminal connecting to the yellow wire. Basically by passing the key switch I guess??. Since this pic I have put a new solenoid with a resistor and diode. Wired everything the way the dcs manual says. Still only getting the wheels to shake barely then they stop.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #6
bmr4106
Not Yet Wild

On my DCS the white/yellow wire goes to the same solonoid activation terminal as two other wires(yellow & red) the positive activation terminal. The other terminal(negative activation terminal) has a blue wire from terminal 7 of the controller 10 pin connector. When you switch from tow to run, terminal 7 of the controller goes negative.
The white/yellow wire goes positive through the charger interlock microswitch, through the tow/run (when in run mode), through the FNR switch (when activated), and the key switch.
bmr4106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO